i'll never understand this.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

If the defense had not played so well, I think a change would be in order, but until they fail as a unit, no worries on my part.

Fowler may bring some intangible we can't measure. Who knows, but as long as we don't see gaping holes and big runs like Like Lamont Thompson would give up though the air, then I'm good for the time being. He wasn't a liability.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

how? tully comes in as the fourth LB in certain situations, which means he and fowler are on the field at the same time anyway. both he and fowler play special teams, so i don't think condition would be a problem.

it's just another instance fisher is picking a guy and sticking with him, for better or worse.
    it's about getting the best 11 guys on the field.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

True, but only if you are taking into account the intangibles like leadership and chemistry, that only coaches and teammates can measure. Terrell Owens being the classic example of how it can go either way.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

http://titansradio.com/audio08/podcast804.mp3

about halfway through mike starts talking about how savvy tully has become. he seems to have everyone's respect on defense; meanwhile fowler is lost in obscurity.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm not that big on Fowler- he never made any plays I can remember. I'm just speculating about reasons for not starting Tully. I'd like to see him get the nod- if he has earned it as it appears. I don't know why Fish is so damn dogmatic about locking a starter- but it seems to work the majority of the time. (barring Lamont)

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

These things we know:

Fowler sucks.
    Tulloch is 3x's better.
    Fisher is an idiot.

Same ol'Fisher. Watches the crappy guy get outplayed season after season, and does nothing about it. Acts oblivious to the entire situation.
    I bet he turns his head every time Tulloch makes a play. I wish they'd put them beside each other and watch Tulloch beat him to the ball every single time.

7. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Wow he must see something that we all don't.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Same thing he saw in a washed up Eddie, Sirmon, Lamont, Reynaldo, etc.

9. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Very nice post. That's probably why Fisher starts Fowler. After all, we don't use the MLB that much, and so it makes sense to have Tully as our backup for every position.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Didn't want to? That's not how the NFL works.

Fowler would be a backup and probably play more special teams. But he's making too much money for that to happen.

There is no reason that Tulloch could not play MLB then move outside if Bulluck or Thornton goes down. But you are correct in that Tulloch is valuable in that he can back up all three spots and is on special teams and some defensive formations. He'll get playing time.

What's frustrating is that Fisher doesn't make MLB an open competition while WR apparently is. Maybe Fowler is better his second season. Maybe not. It's too early to tell. But I take issue with the entire approach that there is nothing Tulloch can do to win the MLB spot short of Fowler getting hurt or suspended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar