Illinois earthquake

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Starkiller, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anyone else woken up by the earthquake this morning at around 4:30? I read that people reported it in Clarksville. I heard a rattling (just enough to wake me up) and couldn't figure out if it was an earthquake, thunder, or what...

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I was, and I'm only about 60 miles from the epicenter.

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Woke up myself and my whole family.

We had NFI what was going on.

Lasted about 20-30 seconds of good shaking. My youngest son wanted to know if this was a tomato. (They had been practising tornado drills at his day care centre this week)

Pretty freaky stuff for us foreigners.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm so glad I found this posted. This morning about 4AM I woke up and my two nightstands were slightly shaking as well as my bed. My bedroom happens to be right above the garage, so the first thing I thought was my garage door somehow collapsed. Even put clothes on to go downstairs and look.

All day I've been thinking, man, was it just a huge gust of wind? Do I have a freaking ghost in the house? Perhaps my a/c unit did something crazy? Is my bedroom floor going to collapse?

I feel much better knowing there was an earthquake somewhere. When I turned on the TV and didn't see any reports, I really didn't know what was going on lol.

5. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

I felt it and thought it was thunder -- or someone in my attic! I turned on one of the local news stations, and they had callers from Bellevue, Springfield, and Manchester, all saying they felt it. We also felt what I assume was an after-shock in my office mid-morning, and I'm on a high floor of a downtown Nashville building.

Just another item off my bucket list!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar