I'm bored, here's a mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bobo, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Is there a smiley face for sarcasm?

And yes I'm an old school Oiler fan, as in 1978 Luv ya Blue Oiler fan. As in I love Mike Reinfeldt because he lead the league in ints back in 79. As in I love that we once had a coach named Bum, as in my favorite players besides Earl was Robert Brazil and Billy "white shoes" Johnson. I could still name most of the players from that team.

As for my draft, like I said we could do a lot worse than a all Longhorn draft but we could also do a lot better. My real draft would look something more like this.

1. Limus Sweed WR - If he is available (which I doubt) I would take him if not wait til round two and see who is left. If Sweed is not available I would take a running back like Jones, Mendenhall or Charles.

2. Jamal Charles RB - Because we need speed and he has lots of it and is a proven commodity. No one has yet shown me a back that will still be available that can do what he can. If we did go RB in round 1 I would look at possible receivers like Hardy, Manningham, Bennett, or Devin Thomas.

3. Kentwan Balmer - I'm still worried about how badly our defense got pushed around when AH was injured he might still be available and has lots of upside. I also like Demario Pressley, Frank Okam and Red Bryant.

4. OG - I have a soft spot in my heart for Polynesian offensive linemen and I really like Shannon Tevaga from UCLA who was a road grader at UCLA and did a great job against Sedrick Ellis two years ago. Tony Hills would be a steal here and would be a guy that could be a long term solution for years to come.

5. DE - I can't believe these two guys have dropped but if available I would love to take Tommy Blake or Kirsten Pittmen. Tommy is the guy I really want, he was a force on defense for TCU and will play well above his stats.

6. CB - Marcus Walker - you gotta know a guy is good when a Longhorn wants to draft a Sooner. Marcus is projected to be available at our about this spot but I think he has the ability to play the nickel spot.

7. TE - Jermichael Finley - His stock has been dropping but he is a project that we could bring along that would pay off dividends. I also like Joe John Finley and Joey Haynos from Maryland

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Some interesting drafts.

But this is the highlight of the thread. "Redneck words and what not!" That just struck my funny bone too hard :biglaugh:

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

How could people knock this draft? Nelson and Felix alone make this a great draft. Felix is better than McFadden, IMO. He actually does things other than run straight through a huge hole. I've seen him break tackles and juke.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I want Felix, just for the name.

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I like Felix, but dont think he is better than McFadden. The thing I remember from his combine was that he could only Bench 225 8 times. Thats not real strong.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He's not going to be benching anything when running the football. Man, I hate the effin' combine. Dumbest event ever.

7. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

^ I have to agree with you there.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Well the Vols and Longhorns have spoken guess I'll represent Auburn. Hey where is Roll Tide? Need RT too.

9. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

The University of Auburn.:p Alabama is the only school in that state. How does one go undefeated and not win or even get to play for a national title? Thats twice thats happened now right? If that happened to Tennessee we would have flipped out. You know instead of rolling our own campus. What happens when the Tigers lose? I bet people get hurt. Auburn is for backwoods NASCAR lovers who enjoy defacing their own campus after a victory. boo. Anyway my mom went to Auburn. She is down with all the "neckness" of that place. Nice campus. I'm sure it is a great place.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Out of UT and Auburn, I'd say Auburn hangs in there with the parties. UT wins though, of course.

also, UT on game day> Auburn on game day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar