Im concerned with the Texans game. 8 reasons.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I think the Hags sold out against the run, lack of respect for VY as QB. Titans ran all over the kitties

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If they focus on bottling up Lendale and CJ, their secondary will have a longer day than they should.

We'll be fine.

3. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

We are healthy and to me this is a cup is half empty statement. Yes they have had one day where they didn't play but no extra time to prepare for us. They spent that week prepping for the Ravens then came to find that their game was cancelled on like Sun. So reallythey had the same time to prep for us except didn't play Week 2 game possibly ( speculation like you said) gaining rust rather than rest.

Your right Collins doesn't escape well so Mario may get alot of pressure. But you can say this against all of our opponents now. Unfortunately this IS an area of QB where VY supposedly has the advantage but somehow also finds ways to get sacked. The coaching staff will have to prepare for this and make adjustments in our passing and running game. Something I am sure they are well into that at this point considering Collins has been starting for two weeks now.

I too am interested if Hawkins will emerge but if you're writing the Titans off because of our recievers, well then what the F@CK have we been doing for two+ years. We are NOT a passing team and I know everyone knows this so why put all that on the WR's? One would say that even healthy our WR's aren't 100%

Not worried about this one bit. It may happen but really anyting can. Maybe we take both QB's out and their third string comes in to torch us? I don't know but I hope we wreak havoc on this scrub team. Yeah I know about S.R's ( spelling Rosenfels?) track record with us but that's the past.

Beat it with this arguement. The entire league knows we are a run first team and somehow we still move the ball. Of course they'll TRY and shut him down but that's football. We'll find ways to win eventhough defenses play eightin the box. Bringing up point 3 of yours ,.....even scrub WR's can get open and catch playing man to man.

Agree 100%. This coverage team seems awful allowing pretty good returns on average.I hope this gets fixed quickly because field position is a HUGE part of this game especially with a team and gameplan such as ours.

I also agree with this. Last year without Haynesworth our defense wasn't getting anywhere near opposing QB's allowing our DB's to get lit up like little Christmas trees . This year however with the addition of Jones I am feeling really confident that we are LESS Haynesworth dependant. I too hope he stays healthy however this isn't affected of previous games unless it is serious enough to keep him out.

This isn't a negative but rather a positive. We finally have a player that makes opposing defenses account for his whereabouts. Again this seems to be a cup is half empty statement because as long as the staff can account for this to take place they can make the Texans pay.

How about what the Texans just went through/are goingthrough with Hurricane Ike? You don't think that gives us an edge? There is definitely no easy game in the NFL but there iour other opponents on the horizon that scare me more than the cows.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

If you worry about the Texans, then you might have a heart attack in a few weeks. Relax.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The whole Sage thing is blown out of proportion. He's an average back up who had one good game.

Heck A. J. Feely had one good game.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

With our defense we won't lose many games.

I think we will do a decent job on mario and have some consistency running the ball. The texans won't have any consistency running the ball against us.

Crumpler is due for a big game and brandon jones will be our ket receiver.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

What part about TEXANS are you not understanding. Is it the T, the E, the X, the A, the N, or the S. Big win.

8. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

While I have made the argument that they are better this year, this is not the week that they will show it. Their stadium is falling apart, their homes are destroyed, and their families/friends are without power. Plus, inevitably their practice schedule has been thrown out of whack. This is a week they will fold up. I am looking for a 3 TD blowout.

For comparison sake, the Astros were the hottest team in baseball and have lost 5 straight since the storm.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I just dont think we should start the game thinking the Texans will lay down.

teams with nothing to lose are always dangerous. Titans need to play sharp and not get sloppy.

10. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

It ain't the Texans I'm worried about. We seem to lay down some on these freebie games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar