I'm confused about 'the plan'.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

See. I hate this excuse. Because Cutler could blow Vince away this year, and that will be the excuse: "Well, he has more talent." So? Peyton Manning has more talent around him than ANY other qb in history in my opinion, but nobody mentions it while praising him.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Didn't Cutler take a team that was in the playoffs to being out of it. I'm just saying. He didn't make his team better. He made it worse. Now I'll give him some latitude, and maybe even some longitude because he is a rookie, but there is no way that he was better than Vince Young last year. I don't care how you slice it. Vince Young was the better player by leaps and bounds.

3. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

You'd be surprised at how many people say that to make an excuse to not praise him....

4. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

No, he didnt take a playoff bound team out of contention. Jake Plummer was running that team into the ground. They still would not have made it with Jake running the show.

VInce was not better by leaps and bounds. Did you not see the 60 something yarder to Javon Walker? Throw of the Year.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Plummer - 7 - 4

Cutler - 2 - 3

Yeah Plummer was really ruining them.

6. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

In his last 3 starts, Plummer played very poorly (one win, against Oakland). He was the reason for those losses. You cant help but think that trend would have continued over the next few games.

The goal for the Broncs last year was to win the SB. It was clear that they were not going to get there with Jake. Might as well give the rook a chance. You might hit it big, but even if you dont, he still gets experience.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lucky the Bears never went with that thinking.

8. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

yeah because Griese proved in the final GB game that he can be a good starter

I thought Griese gave them the best chance to win, but in the end I was wrong. Rex, albeit a terrible QB, is better than Griese.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think they gave Cutler the nod to get him some games under his belt before their big run. Cutler has 2 years to get the Lombardi trophy to Denver- then the team blows up.

10. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

:werd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar