I'm jealous of the Colts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Dec 31, 2012.

1. RTH

RTH Meh...

Huh... my wife is from Indy and we've driven over most of that flat, desolate land...

... not a lot of horses...
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

from NBA.com
    the nickname “Pacers” was decided on through a collective decision of the original investors. Tinkham, one of those investors, recalled that the nickname was a combination of the state’s rich history with the harness racing pacers (investor Chuck Barnes was a horse racing enthusiast) and the pace car used for the running of the Indianapolis 500.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

The team was named in 1967.. things have changed in the area a bit. There are still tons of horses in surrounding areas.

BTW, Indy sucks as a city.
  4. nickmsmith

and FWIW, according to the 2002 census, Indiana was 13th in the states in horse population.. of course the huge out-west states, and KY are ahead.

This is the only time you will hear me arguing FOR Indiana. There's a lot of boringness around.. but there are horses.. I have never been on one.

And Also.. this is the only conversation about the Indiana Pacers you will ever hear.
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

you would have too go too StLouis and ride a Clydesdale big guy - lol
  6. RTH

RTH Meh...

I'm referring to the Colts.
  7. RTH

RTH Meh...

Besides, not saying they don't have horses... saying that I've simply not seen any out and about. That's all.
  8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

The only thing good about Indy is I can get Bulls/Pacers tickets, for HALF the price, if I was to go to the United Center.
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

I cant think of a price someone would have too pay me too attend an NBA game
  10. nickmsmith

Same thing with Titans tix but a little cheaper even. Titans-Colts in Indy:60-70 bucks minimum, Titans-Colts in Nashville: 20 bucks