I'm Looking At Our Schedule

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I really do think we have a good, playoff caliber team but we have a decent shot at starting out 0-4.

New England (AFC Champs, Tom Brady, Gronk, etc.)
    at San Diego (Always have trouble, west coast game)
    Detroit (Stafford, Calvin, young team gaining experience)
    at Houston (Rival, road game, played horrible in two games last year)

What all these teams have in common is they have an explosive offense. Chargers have dropped off some but they still have Rivers throwing the ball, of course Brady and his crew, Stafford is becoming a top QB and don't forget Calvin, and Houston has Schaub to Andre Johnson.

So our problem won't be on offense, the problem is can we hold them? I'm really hoping for a surprise and we somehow beat the Patriots but I can't see our D keeping Brady in check when we usually struggle against TE's and that's his two main weapons (Gronk and Hernandez). Also, their D can't really play much worse so I expect that area to be improved.

On the other hand, it's not entirely impossible we can't start out 3-1. Even though we usually struggle I don't see the Chargers as the threat they used to be. They have Rivers but no one else on that team really scares me right now. A lot of people love the Lions but I think that hype machine is getting to dangerous levels because they still have a lot of question marks. With the Texans who knows, it's a rivalry game and they always seem to be going through injuries.

Worst case is obviously 0-4 but if we can at least split this run at the beginning of the season then we're a legit contenders. The next 6 weeks our toughest games are against the Steelers and the Bears, both at home. Rounding out the season we have the Texans again, Jets (?), and the Packers. With the current trend of starting 2-2 then 9-7 is our floor.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I truly believe if we have a team worth being excited about that we'll start 1-0 vs New England at home. And hopefully by week-3 the Madden curse has taken Calvin Johnson down.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I am firmly expecting 1-3.

Not trying to be pessimistic, but I won't panic if that's our record. 2-2 and I will be ecstatic.

If somehow we go 4-0, I will claim we are the best team in the league.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

I believe our Defense wont be the problem. Its if we can keep up with the scoring. We have to have ball control and take advantage of redzone trips. I think we have a legitamate shot at 3-1.

5. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

How so?

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The home opener is crucial. It will set the tone for the first quarter of the season. The Pats are the team I hate more than any other. (Even the Ravens).

I'm hoping that we IMPOSE our will on them physically if it appears we can't out-finesse or out-smart them. We MUST win that game.

Emotion aside- I do think we are at best looking at 8-8 if we lose that home opener and 10-6 at worst if we win it.

7. JCBRAVE

New Englands WRs are going to do a lot of double moves on our young CBs. Hope they dont fall for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

8. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

I think we should win the games between SD and DET.

SD is on the decline as a team and they're biggest offensive weapon is Matthews. Gates isn't near what he used to be and CryBaby Rivers lost Vjack and has one reciever returning to him that he is familiar with (Floyd). SD should be the "easy" game out of the first 4.

DET is a high scoring offense, no doubt. But, they seem to be a huge mess this offseason. They have a killer defensive line but they're pass defense last year was horrid some games.

Best scenario is catching NE off guard first game of the season with a much improved offense from a year ago. They're definitely going to test our secondary and TE coverage which will be fun to see early on.

HOU will be really tough. Especially at home and if Schaub comes back to form right away. Hopefully Foster's vegan diet turns him into a wuss! lol

Obviously we need some things to come together to be 3-1 at the end of this stretch but I expect that to happen. If not... We are in for a long year.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm hoping NE's D still sucks.

I sat through that 59-0 blizzard beat down. Most embarrassed I've ever been to be a Titan fan. It was SO bad, the Pats fans actually felt sorry for me and were really nice.

Our players were never in that game- even from the pre-game. They were laughing, drag-azzing around, working drills half-hearted, dropping balls and still laughing. Pathetic all around.

I'll never forget Spy-gate and the subsequent under the rug sweep the league put on it.

10. JCBRAVE

Titans were out of their element that game. Looked lost

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar