I'm Looking At Our Schedule

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

Cant really say if it's a cow or a bull from that vantage point.
    I'm petty sure her point of interest is in the same place on both of em.:rolleyes:

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I could see it going really good or really bad.

Week 1 - Pats will be suffering from the SB hangover. Titans will be improved from last year and take the Pats by surprise

Week 2 - Chargers finished 8-8 last year in a crappy division, and they lost thier star WR. Plus they seem to always get off to a slow start

Week 3 - Lions were good last year, but they seem to be a little out of control. It will be interesting to see how thier young team will be able to handle the success of last year, and if they will have the leadership to overcome the bad attitudes in the locker room.

Week 4 - Titans are 3-0 and go into a division game with a lot of confidence. They battle it out with the Texans and take the W

But then again the Pats, Chargers, Lions, and Texans have all shown the ability to score 30+ points a game ... the current Titan's roster hasn't shown they can do that yet.

I think it will really depend on our offense IMO. I don't think the D will be good enough to stop the high powered offenses we will face, but I think we will have the talent on O to keep up, it just depends on if we can get that talent to play up to their potential, and how quickly we can do it.

But after the first 4 games, I could see us easily winning 8 more games, so if we can start 2-2 then I think we will be in good shape

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I can say for sure we do not want to go 0-4, we could very easily be in position to end up with a tie breaker again with the Bengals. We need to atleast beat the Texans and the Chargers would be nice. I think we get a win from them this year. Rivers is an emotional player, if we can get him angry, early, we win the game.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We had him absolutely furious for over 3 quarters back in 2007. I think he literally had 50 passing yards. Then Fisherball came through in the clutch.

Totally different without Fisher coaching us, but it's impossible not to have a bad feeling about that game.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I like that people are optimistic against the Patriots (including me) but I can't see our DB's sticking with their guys and I can't see our LB's trying to hold their TE's. The Patriots put at least 4 TD's on the board against us, we just have to out score them.

We best the Chargers, I don't feel good about the game because of the past obviously but if we're a true playoff contender then we win. Stafford could kill us like Brady probably will, him to Johnson might tear us up and don't forget about Pettigrew.

I'm just really hoping we go at least 2-2. If we do that I'll be happy and I think we make the playoffs and depending on the Texans game we may be favorites to win the division.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I can see why.

I still remember that playoff game a few years ago when we had LT stopped at the line. Refs should have called the play dead but instead let LT get into the endzone.

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Of course our DB's and LB's can't cover their skill guys. Nobody's can if you leave Brady in a clean pocket.

In order to beat the Patriots, we are going to have to do three things...

1. Hit Brady in the mouth, early and often.
    2. Run the ball well, move the chains, keep Brady on the sideline.
    3. Put up 30+ points.

If we don't do those things, we probably don't win, unless NE has one of their fairly rare bad days (like the Bills game last year).

8. LUVYA2toneBLUE

LUVYA2toneBLUE Camp Fodder

I can see 3-1 as a real possibility... beating the chargers being tough just because of the trip to west coast but they always start slow and I think overall Titans are a better team. Can beat the lions, for whatever reason, Titans do well against NFC teams and I dont see the lions being as explosive on the road, on grass. Then take the split with pats and texans, if i had to choose i would want the win over texans for obvious division reasons.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We may come out looking good because two of our toughest teams are playing on the road in the heat.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I just want to have a decent enough start to build some momentum. Really after that 4 game stretch no one really scares me. We usually play Pitt real tough, Chicago will be a test, and the Packers may be resting players by then.

I also noticed we don't play the Ravens this year...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar