I'm officially on the Jake Locker bandwagon.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

It looks like a foregone conclulusion that Locker will be our pick at eight. Of course that is far from certain, but given our biggest need and what the experts have been saying, it does make sense. I've been reading and watching as many videos of him and I am now completely on board with drafting him at eight.

He seems like such a good kid, very grounded, and of high moral fiber. From everthing I've read he is a great leader and student of the game. He'll be a gymrat, the first one onto and the last one off of the field.

His physical abilities are rare, he has an NFL arm and body. His speed is incredible and his ability to throw from outside the pocket is awesome.

Of course, his game is far from perfect. He really needs to work on his accuracy and pocket presence. Look, Chris Palmer was brought in, at least in small part, to help mentor a young quarterback; this is his forte afterall. I feel that his accuracy and pocket awareness can be markedly improved as long as he gets at least one, perhaps two redshirt years under Palmer's watchful eye.

He really has had only two years in a pro-style offense in his career, so I think he has a lot of room to get better. He didn't even play with a TE on the field at Washington and we all know they provide a great safety outlet more often than not. He played with poor talent around him and his offensive line was god awful, he was running for his life most of the time. I just think he hasn't come close to reaching his full potential.

As long as the orginazaton is patient with Locker and allows him to develop before throwing him to the dogs, I think he has everything you'd want in a franchise quarterback. It will require a huge commitment from the Titans, we'll have to sign a good vetran free agent who will also act as a mentor to Locker such as Hasslebeck or, dare I say, Kerry Collins.

Here are some vidoes I've watched, check them out if you havne't already. Pay close attention to the first video, this one is the best in my eyes. This is someone I'd be proud of being the face of our franchise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LL5QqktlGM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZchE4x7zlE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWqU3VXIJY4

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

I've yet to convince myself ththats who the Titans will take at 8. I think they're high on him, but it's hard to tell what's smoke and what isn't.. I think Fairley has just as good a chance of busting as Locker, so I'd be OK with him over Haynesworthless, I mean Fairley. On another note, if he were to bomb out as a QB, he'd make a hell of a SS, and I'm not joking he's a hell of an athlete and not a p*ssy like VY.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm glad you say that HeadOnASwivel.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

If we pass him up I'll be extremely upset...especially if its for Dalton...ew

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

What if we pass on him for Patrick Peterson?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm on the bandwagon because I am 99% sure we will take him. I'd prefer Ponder.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

what if we pass on him and he becomes a pro bowler and the next Brett Favre? but at least we would have Patrick Peterson! that no QB will throw to. so it would be kinda pointless imo.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Looks like you made me a believer :).

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

you guys can use my sig if you want.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Even worse.

I wouldn't mind Locker. I like 2 other QBs more, but if we get him that means we didn't take the overhyped in Kaepernick, Gabbert, and Newton.

I wanted us to draft him last year before I knew he was staying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar