I'm officially on the Jake Locker bandwagon.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sold that we will take him, i think it's a good chance, but not guarenteed. I am jumping on his bandwagon more and more though. I think he has one of the bigger upsides and could easily see him as the face of this franchise for years to come.

I will support whoever the FO decides to get, but i just think Locker would be a perfect fit for us and could be something special. I never really thought about this before but i see alot of mcnairs character in him. Great character, work ethic, and leadership. He is tough and isnt afraid to take the team on his shoulders.

It's rare to find someone with the intangibles he has. Plus with his physical talents, he could easily become an elite QB. It will take time to let him develop, but if a team is patient, the rewards could be huge.

I just have a gut feeling if we pass him up, we will come to regret it in the future. Obviously i am not a pro scout, but thats just my thoughts.

4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

5. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

HOLY CRAP A COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKIE! I WANT IT! numnumnumnum

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Locker has been my preferred choice all along. Not because I think he'll be a good quarterback (I really have no idea whether his skills will translate to the NFL and I'm not going to pretend I do), but because I love his work ethic and leadership (two things the Titans have been sorely missing from the QB position).

I'd probably be just as happy with Dalton, Ponder or even Stanzi. As long as the Titans draft a high-character guy, I'll be happy. I don't want any part of Newton, Mallett or anyone with red flags off the field.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'll be a little disappointed that we don't take one of the better defensive talents, but that can be almost eliminated if we make a good 2nd round pick.

Without considering draft position, just looking at each QB, I'd rather have Locker than any other QB this draft.

8. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I like Locker better each day. Quality person, quality player. Get him at 8 Titans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. 24

24 Starter

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, and it should be said. Everyone who points to the lack of talent around Locker is forgetting that not every starting QB in the NFL had amazing talent around them in college. I can name lots of QBs who had poor talent, but still managed to pass for over 60%. Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Jay Cutler, etc. You can maybe add 4% to his career average if he had some semblance of talent, but you still only get 57%. Once an inaccurate passer, always an inaccurate passer. All these people talking about fixing his release point are just trying to rationalize his selection.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

As much as I want to trade down for him to gain extra picks, it's to risky. I just can't imagine him getting past Washington AND Minnesota.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar