I'm starting to want Vince Young...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by eberry, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

...just to get to be Merril Hoge's arch-nemesis for the next ten years.

Seriously though, Reggie has always been my dream scenario (at a reasonable price): McNair sticks, with the FA influx we're competing, we end the Chris Brown experiment (who will always be someone who shows just enough promise to keep his spot but for whatever reason is unable to actually take the next step), get the running back everyone will want to be when they grow up, and everything's gravvy. For now.

But if we don't make the qb call now do WE become the Sander's era Lions? Are WE the team who can't get within 10 yards of a viable qb? Do we get the magical player at the expense of becoming a contender? In other words, will we always be competing with Reggie's skill, but are never in a position to draft the qb we need to go to the next level because of it? Don't get me wrong, both Young and Leinart scare the absolute crap outta me, but I'm beginning to think that Reggie might not be the dream scenario: It may be VY. Every time I hear Merril basically say Vince is the worst qb prospect he's ever seen, it just starts to feel right.

2. titanoiler

titanoiler Starter

Merril Hoge is a joke.......I believe VY is the answer!!!!!!!

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I agree.

Vince is the guy.

I just saw a feature with he (and other draftees) on the NFL Network. And, he looks like a leader, and someone you want around this team.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Merill Hodge is maybe the dumbest sportscaster on ESPN, which is saying a ton...

5. TitanJames

TitanJames Guest

Being a huge Texas fan, I have seen every game since VY was a redshirt freshman. Got all last 2 years on video and most of his freshman year.
    This guy just has a intangible about him that he just doesn't give up and
    does whatever it takes to win. (a lot like Steve)

He makes everyone around him better......

We'd be crazy to pass him up....

All stupid Hoge showed was one film of the OU game he lost as redshirt freshman taking a normal snap and making one bad read. It was his first start after finishing the second half of the game before that one.
    Why doesn't he show some of the throws he made downfield....
    One of his first passes as a redshirt fresh was a long TD to Roy Williams right on target down the sideline.....but Hoge didn't show that one because
    "he can't make that throw according to him"

Saints are taking Bush at #2, Titans take VY at #3

He's the second coming of Steve..........

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Saints won't take Bush.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If Bush, Young and Leinart are on the board when the Titans are on the clock, it could be the longest 15 minutes of my life. I may not survive it.

8. maximus

maximus Starter

Me neither.
    Its been nice knowing you, who will take over gotitans.com? Gunny, SK, or nigel? Dont let it go to waste:lol:

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

BiPolar.

10. maximus

maximus Starter

Forgot about him. Good choice, at least we know we'll have some quality smack going on:brow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar