I'm still mad at Chris Brown

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The solution to the chris brown issue?

Resign him!

White and brown combined for almost 1600 yards, 12 tds and 85 first downs.

Tomlinson had the most first downs of any back in this league and brown and white combined for 10 more than that!

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You are proud two guys barely out produced one?

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

You hold onto the ball in the red zone...plain....simple....no excuses.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

You should never fumble the football. I think it's ok that Chris Brown was running hard and dancing. And I think the Merriman hit was about as perfect a punch shot at the ball as you could have, so despite the fact you shouldn't fumble, the physics there were optimal for one to happen. It was only slightly less than taking a helmet to the hand. Merriman hit it hard. So I can forgive it given that he had only one on the season.

This idea that a fumble in the red zone is worse than a fumble anywhere else is sort of silly tho'. They all are bad.

5. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

I agree that fumbles anywhere are bad, but the psyche takes a bigger hit when you fumble in the red zone. It's all about momentum, and confidence.

6. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Elf, you say that players don't blame him for that and that it was a great play by Merriman. I can agree with this. However, You also say, that leaving Merriman unblocked was scripted and that the players practiced this and made a MENTAL NOTE to keep in mind that he would be unblocked. So, please, tell me why he is midair instead of on the ground, making this "punch out" attempt by Merriman oh so more likely? (If you want a better look at it, go to the Tennessean's photo gallery "Titan's season in pictures")

Lets face it, Chris Brown had a super game against the Jags thanks to our OLine. Once the OLine came back to reality and then garnered injuries he disappeared again. I will give the guy some props, he had some crucial TD's, like the one against the Bolts here at LP. However, it's been proven he can't stay in the ball game and and his play is erratic, never consistent. There is a reason we cut him and no team signed him this last off season. The only reason he got another chance is because we needed a vet, there weren't any and he was someone who was cheap that knew the system already. I hate to say it, but the Indy game and the bolts game were the final nail in his coffin.

7. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Who's Chris Brown? Isn't he one of our former players?

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

umm, how about the fact that he was trying to score a touchdown? How is that a reason for not being no the ground?
    You're seriously saying that our RB's should go down on the first sign of contact, to prevent a potential fumble? That's just dumb.

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Yes that fumble sucked of because of where it was at on the field. Would so much have been made of it if it had happened on the 40 or 50 yd line, probably not. Fumbles happen, interceptions happen it is part of the game.

10. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

He was trying to leap into the endzone from 10-12 yards out? Because that's what it looked like. The play was going no where and the freak jump happend. There was nothing natural or intentional looking about that jump. However, looking back at it now, it looks like it was unavoidable as one of the chargers DLinemen went at his feet, he reacted by jumping and Merriman went in for the knockout. Also, I didn't say that our backs should go down at the sight of contact. If you re-read my post I mentioned that Elf noted the guys knew Merriman would be unblocked on that play/a play similar to it and I questioned CB's decision making there, when he knew someone like Merriman would be on his ***. And look what happend, just what they were trying to prevent. I may not have said that very clearly in my first post, but that was what I was trying to get across. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar