I'm warming up to Ginn... somewhat...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Starkiller, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've never been a fan of drafting WRs in round 1, and I certainly have questions about Ginn (size, lack of physicality, route running, hands). And all things being equal, I'd rather take a DLineman.

That said, getting Ginn would have its advantages. I suggested trading for Randy Moss a few months ago on the idea that his presence as a deep threat would force teams to spread out their defense and keep them from stacking the line against the run and keeping Vince Young bottled up. Well, maybe having Ginn would serve much the same purpose. He's obviously not going to be the next Randy Moss, but he's probably as close as we're able to get.

I'm still not entirely sold on him, but if he can become the next Joey Galloway (also a Buckeye) then there are a lot worse options with the #19 pick overall.

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

If I could be assured that he would be a Galloway or a Glenn I would take him. However, I don't see any reason to believe that.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Ginn isn't my fave receiver coming out, but he could easily sneak to open field with VY scrambling. That alone makes me ok with the thought of getting him.

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I'm with ya Starkiller. I'm not sure he is true NFL talent, but his is very appealing. He could be perfect for a scrambling Young in the backfield. I think Ginn could have the change of direction needed to run with Vince and make plays and catches for him.

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

You all know how I feel about Ginn. Its nice to see some people start to show how they feel about him.

It may not be alot of people but its good enough for me.

Im sure if we draft him everyone wil warm up to him. If he plays good that is

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

He speed is "wow" speed. That makes for some great highlights. He's not a dominant WR, at least not that he's shown to me. So if he's just an average WR, but is a great ST'er, what's he worth?

There's 3 WR's that may be had at 19 that I'd rather have. But I'd rather get a good defensive player at 19 and maybe wait till pick 50 or 80 to go WR.

7. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

Like you said Bobo Ginn's speed is "amazing!" The only thing is, is that I just have a bad feeling about drafting him. I have been thinking about getting him though and kind of "warming up" like you said because he will fill in the spot on returns that Pacman left which is a huge plus and like all of you said is when VY is scrambling he would make a good sneaky open guy and pick up pretty good yardage with his speed, but I still just have a bad feeling in getting him.

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Ginn is good, but calvin johnson would be better, that said i agree that ginn would be most effective once VY has began scrambling, so ginn could find open space, i like that way of using him, he probably wont be able to take double coverages that teams are going to show him, but this might let him develop fast and be great in the future...

9. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Steve Breaston is a photo copy not built purely on hype, and he will go day two. I'd much rather have him.

10. i think that as he might not be as tall as randy moss he is faster, his time may not show it but u can look at the tapes and see hes going to be the fastest player in the nfl

i have as all of u been thinking more and more about ginn, and while i was on the bowe bandwagon, i would really really like to have ginn now, he would open things up on offense soo much and as some of u said he could improvise with Vince when hes scrambling... it would also make the safties and corners have to respect his speed which would open up the run game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar