Imagine if we had a Pro Bowl WR in there with Collins!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

IMo i think we should try and pick up a great WR before we get to far in the season. with Collins arm all we would need is a WR with speed that can break free.

With our Great Defence and Run Game a true #1 WR + Collins would = Superbowl.

We really need to throw Hawkins in there, Eddie Royal and DeSean Jackson is doing great this year, maybe Hawkins would too. it's worth a shot.

anyone know if Hawkins will play this weekend?

2. T Atlas

T Atlas Guest

Not to sound rude, but theres already WR talk that this could have been posted in.

On topic: I think we are fine with our current squad, Hawkins will come around eventually, but lets let him learn the playbook before we throw him into the game.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

shut up! We don't have that WR! it's not fair!

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Every team has a weakness. For us it is WR, QB, and Kick Coverage. Luckily we are making up for it with DFense and Running. I would like to shore it up, but how can we, you have to give something to get something.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

tell that to whoever drafted #31.

6. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Huh?

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

give something to get something.
    Cortland Finnegan was a 7th rounder and he's practically a pro-bowler... (215th overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft. Was that a MR draft? or was that a FR draft? Matters not. You don't have to give to get...

Tom Brady for instance is every bit as good as Peyton Manning... I guess...
    Brady was practically undrafted.
    Manning was a top pick.

I don't consider 7th rounders to be giving...

Hell, Pacman Jones may turn out to be worthless...

but the Cowboys got him for a song...

I don't know... don't listen to me. I'm full of **** anyways. I'm just seeing if Slamma wants to bite on my bs today.

8. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Ohhhhhhhhhhh.......... Gotcha.

FR by the way.

Very good point, but right now, we would have to give something to get something. We have tried and tried to get a WR through the draft and FA, and it more or less has not worked (Gage was a great value, still better as a #2).

9. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Good to be back.

Defense doesn't have a c in it

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

no imagine this.. Imagine we didn't draft VY and instead snatched Kurt Warner when he was a free agent and kept Volek and made them both compete... and traded our first round pick with the Raiders first round pick along with Randy Moss, and drafted Antonio Cromartie with the raiders 1st round pick.

I'm not going to say that I wanted that before April 2006, but to be honest I've been thinking alot about that since last year week 1 when I started arguing that something just doesn't feel right about Vince, and unless he starts running again he'll be useless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar