IMO, no WR with the first pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I never did have a good feeling about the Titans drafting a WR in the first round. The more I read about this class of WRs, the more I'm sure they won't go after one. Several reasons for my thinking;
    1. Mainly because everyone thinks we will. The Titans always guide 'thinkers' in the wrong direction. Affraid to show their hand I suspect.
    2. None of the WRs is worth the money that they will draw as a first round pick. Their seems to be issues with everyone of them.
    3. Their's no reason to spend first round money on a WR in the first round when the Titans are better finding one in later rounds.
    4. There's no WR in this class, IMO, that will contribute this year.

A possible defensive player, RB or TE, although I think TEs are weak this year to. I'm willing to bet that the Titans pick up someone who noone has thought of. Just my take on it.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

IDK I think D-Jax is high on their radar but I wouldn't mind going d-line or cb one bit.

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

The ONLY receiver that I'd consider in the first is Jackson, only because he is a true playmaker. He's tiny and a little raw at the position but he can take it to paydirt any time he touches the ball, which is something we don't have at all. Plus, he's a top 5 punt returner in the NFL and he isn't even there yet.

I'm not into the Devin Thomas hype, and have never liked Sweed. Hardy's a punk and Manningham has the brain of a 12 year old.

4. I wouldn't go WR in the first either. I've always been against it on general principle.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we won't do it. we don't value WRs, we never have and we never will. no matter how much our WRs suck, it won't happen.

we'll continue bargain hunting in the 3rd and 4th round, hoping to hit a blue light special.

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I'd do it for Devin Thomas, but no-one else.

I'd take the pick we got from the Pac trade, our original 4th and our original 1st and trade up to around 19-20 to get Thomas if he's there.

We'd still have a 2,3,4,5 and 7.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

problem with that is in the 17-22 range are the chiefs, texans, eagles, bucs, redskins and cowboys.

the first two don't really need a WR, but i doubt they would want to move all the way down to 24. the other four could really use a big WR.

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

True. I think we'd have to go all the way to 19 if the Eagles aren't planning on taking Thomas - they have more immediate needs at Safety. No way he gets past 20,21 and 22.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Deshaun Jackson can contribute immediately on special teams and on offense. Dinger can make him a star.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Well, most NFL players are punks, and most of them aren't valued in college for their great GPA. Neither of those are reasons not to draft a WR. As long as they aren't Pacman or Chris Henry status, who cares how bad of a person they are, or how stupid they are.

Nobody seems to remember Hopkins, Rolle, or McNair as criminals, even though they were. NFL players have never been the model citizens. Even when we thought they were, the media probably just didn't show how bad they were.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar