Impact of a Kapernick Trade

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dangermode, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

It sounds like a trade of Kap to the Broncos could be official at any moment. Probably that means the 49ers are going to be in need of a new QB and potential partners for a draft move up. In all likelihood they would want to move ahead of the Browns to get "their guy" so this could have a big impact on the market for the #1 pick.

First, a move from 7 to 1 would be costly. If they get the Broncos 2nd rounder (63) and package it with their own 2nd rounder (37) would that be enough for the Titans to move back so far? And if we did move back to 7, could we still get one of the guys we want?

Second, could the Browns want to bump up a spot to protect themselves? What would it take for us to switch back to #2? Joe Thomas would be nice but that probably wouldn't happen.

Thoughts?

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

PFT has Fitz visiting with Denver currently...

3. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Could be nice to have a bidding war for the number 1 pick. I'd like to go down to 7 I think there's that many quality guys that could immediately help us.

Tunsil
    Bosa
    Jack
    Ramsey
    VH3
    Stanley
    Treadwell
    Buckner

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Danger mode got jcb murdered with the thread count

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Fitz is a journeyman QB...a mobile mechanic, if you will. No one is going to bring him in to be their franchise QB. If they go with Fitz, you can bet Denver is drafting someone like Connor Cook with their 1st Rd pick....maybe trade up ahead of the Rams and try to take Paxton Lynch. The 49'ers will get either Goff or Wentz and I'm sure they'll stay put and take whichever of those two that falls to them.

• Troll Troll x 1
  6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I don't think Cleveland is in a position to let another OLineman go given their losses in FA so far. But, other teams like Eagles and 49ers moving up and adding picks definitely increases the volume.

7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I want Ramsey so moving to 7 would be bad lol....SD or Dallas will probably take him. Jax for sure and I don't want to face him twice a year!

I guess a trade offer of alot of picks would be hard to pass up though.

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Move to 7 would take us out of Ramsey range with Baltimore at 6 as well

9. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

The more I think about it, the more I think we're locked in at 1.

10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Hey theres a lot to talk about :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar