Importance of trading Brown

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

sure, he could have, but he would have alienated the entire team because he was rookie third round pick and eddie was the most respected guy in the locker room.

2. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

I'm going to hav to disagree with that assesment.
    Think about it... If Brown isn't traded it won't be in his interest not to perform. If he sucks this season in Tennessee he won't be worht squat next year ANYWHERE.

I say keep him and pound him to dust! That is unless someone is willing to give us something really good for him.

It's time for you fans to start thinking about what's best for the team. Stop thinking about what's best for the player like what happened duing the Mcnair situation. If you're already thinking about what's best for the team then I ain't talking to you.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

his agent doesnt want him to be here, has Brown said anything about it?

4. I think Brown can put up 1200 yards a season without injuries or hiccups, problem is, we can't rely on that.

If we do end up keeping him, then this year will be huge for HIM, because HE will want to show other teams what he's made of, then see what offers there are for HIM at the end of the season.

Reese at the moment should be thinking about what kind of impact Brown wil have on the TEAM, in the locker room and on the pitch, then we'll see whats gonna happen.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Maybe he can distract us from losing.

6. haha, that would be nice

7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I think trading for Henry was the mistake, he's been useless to us. Brown and White would be great together, I think Brown would be fine with that, he'd get his carries. The concern he has is White may be the future, but Bush and White co-existed, why can't Brown and White?
    He's not going to cause problems if he's not traded, he needs this yr, it's his next contract, either here or elsewhere.

Reese's offer was 3 yrs/10 mil, I don't think he'll get much more from someone else, conseidering his injury history and not carrying the full load. what kind of $ was Eddie making in the first few yrs, just out of curiousity?

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't think Henry is useless. At this point, a 3rd is a little high, but Henry is some very good insurance for us on the bench. The guy can be a good RB, he's had some good years. If Brown had gone down with a serious injury last year, we would have been very glad to have Henry. Payton and Nash don't seem to be able to get it done. He's cheap on the cap, so he's not costing us much, and he has almost no trade value at this point. I don't think there's any chance we get rid of him before next offseason.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Eddie's prime contract...

Wasn't it about $6M a year?

I think brown and his agent are stupid not to take that $10M deal if it is there. That would give him a nice fat signing bonus and a salary about double his current one. It would also mean the end of travis henry in a titan uiniform because there is no way we are going to pay a third string back a million a year.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Titans looking like atlanta?

Soxcat made a very good point on the other trade brown thread. Who cares where the carries come from if it is one guy getting 90% of the carries or 2 or 3 getting them. If we are getting 4 yards a pop or more that is what matters. A combo of brown and white would be very effective along the lines of dunn and duckett in atlanta.

For example let's say we had 400 runningback carries. White gets 59% and brown 39%. White averages 4.1 yards a carry and brown 4.3. White would have 900+ yards and brown almost 700. Brown however would get almost all the receiving work. Both would produce about 1000 yards in total offense.

Of course with young we have a qB comparable as a runner to micheal vick.

I really like the idea of a white-brown combo for the next 3 years if we can do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar