in case we had forgotten

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by notsolegato, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

no, it was pacman. they were in cover three. donald driver ran a drag route and pacman jumped it.

WR GREG JENNINGS

(On the first play from scrimmage, an 89-yard reception)

“They were in a cover three. It looked like Pacman (Jones) was supposed to drop deep, but he didn’t, they all sat and converged on Driver running a snag route. When I saw that, I knew I was going to come open, it was just a matter of getting the ball and making something happen.”

with that being said, lamont sucks.

2. notsolegato

notsolegato Camp Fodder

i would be all for fuller playing in place of thompson

3. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

CB Reynaldo Hill from the Tennessean:

On Green Bay's first play from scrimmage, two wide receivers lined up to the left.

Pacman Jones was across from the one nearest the sideline, and fellow Titans cornerback Reynaldo Hill was across from the one on the inside.

At the snap, Hill hesitated for a second to check quarterback Brett Favre and paid for it.

Receiver Greg Jennings blew past Hill up the sideline, ran under a bomb from Favre, cut across the field and made it 89 yards before safety Lamont Thompson forced him out.

"I just (messed) up on the play," Hill said. "I turned my eyes around, looked back at the quarterback and I thought (Jennings) was going another route."

Maybe Jennings thought Hill was Jones. But Schwartz also said it was a blown man coverage by Hill.

4. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Dude, maybe you need to rewatch the play. Hill should have had the coverage but Thompson failed to lend support, then got juked big time, missing the open field tackle and had to give chase. The only thing he did right was catch him before the score. LaMont again missed a tackle.

5. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

Is Lance on a team now ?

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Sadly no,the Dolphins let him go. Before the pre season I think

7. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

Yea , that was my point.

8. notsolegato

notsolegato Camp Fodder

i'd take him over lamont

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I am. :eek:

10. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Well, my friend is WAY over him and I will defend him if he is getting a bad rap. I'll defend any of my boys if they warrant it. However, I'll give them the business if they warrant that, also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar