In case you missed it...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Stephenson, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm a little puzzled why they used that particular fake in the pre-season. Even though we wouldn't neccesarily want Craig to run that it still might be worth the risk in a key playoff situation. Now if a team sees Griff in mothion they are tipped off and we can't run that again.

2. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

I think Fisher just wanted to start it off with something fun.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

gotta hand it to Trap...that play was executed extremely well

4. TTUtitanfan21

TTUtitanfan21 Camp Fodder

See that is the great thing about the play tho.. When Trap faked it behind his back and then let Griff run by, the play could be ran again where griff does take it instead of pretending to take it. Its one of those Statue of Liberty type plays were the keeper can keep it or pass it off and fake like he kept it..

So this might not be the last time we see this play it just might be executed differently depending on the shift of the front.

5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

never

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Lol okay.

Right now is the time to be looking to replace Hentrich. We signed him to a one year deal this year. He is gone after this year whether he retires or not. We need to keep this Trapasso guy on the practice squad or something. He looked like was able to punt the ball pretty well, and I think it would be stupid to let him get away.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

My exact thoughts. lol.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

My thinking is if Trapasso can continute to impress in the pre season we might just keep him on the practice squad for a year if Hentrich retires at the end of this season.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I agree that we should at least be thinking about a replacement for Hentrich for next season.

If Trapisso signs on with someone for the regular season, he may stay with them. If he doesn't, then we probably won't need to bother signing him to the practice squad in order to get him next season. Not many teams change their need for a starting punter from year to year. I'd bet that he'd be glad to come back next season and try to earn the job. He'll have plenty of positive associations from the Hall of Fame game. A 40 yard TD, a great tackle after a kickoff, and some punts, all in his home state? I'm pretty sure we'll have his interest if we want him.

10. xTitanNicx

xTitanNicx Camp Fodder

I absolutely loved this play, it was incredible. I haven't laughed so hard in my life. I was expecting he'd pick up the first but not take off on a 40yd dash for a TD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar