In case you missed it...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Stephenson, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

i'm more concerned with punting skills rather than 40 times when I'm considering a punter for my franchise. How did his leg strength look?

2. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

To me, he looked average on the punting side, Hentrich has the placement skills. BUT, in his defense he sure has some gonads when it comes to coverage. Blame it on youthful exuberance, but he was down field and made a tackle. That's gives us 11 guys on punt coverage rather than 10. I dunno, maybe punters will be a factor in the future. They were last year when it came to field position.

3. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

right gotcha. i see the advantage of a punter who can get down there and get the hit; but a guy who can boom it deep is just as valuable, especially if you get stuck in a defensive game of field position

4. MadDog

MadDog GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!

Sweet money play, it made me laugh my :grrr::grrr::grrr: off actually.... As far as Trapasso's skills, lets just say that his running skills will not earn him a spot on this roster. At Ohio St. he avg'ed 41 yards for his career. Craig's avg is about 36.5....

Did you guys know he played running back in high school?? so yeh he's got some motor underneath those booting wheels.... Practice Squad if ya ask me, never know tho.... I'm pretty confident that he will not make the final roster tho.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Let's be fair, Punters are a dime a dozen.

Hell, I could do it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

Fisher said Hendricks refused to even try it for whatever reason. He probably thought if it failed he might look dumb. He also is probably scared to death of getting tackled and hurting his back.

I figure a couple reasons.
    1. This kicker is expendable but has the legs for it. I think he did some fullback work in high school.
    2. A lot of NFL folks were watching the game. Its an extra precaution they have to think about.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Hentrich doesn't do it because 1) he's old! and 2) you don't want to risk your only punter practicing it. We might be willing to do it with a younger, faster punter, but with the old guy, we're being more careful.

8. bored1

bored1 The Colt killer

in the words of larry the cable guy " I dont care who ya are that's funny right there" i mean honestly how does a punter smoke 11 guys for 40+ yards

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hentrich runs like a 9.8-40, he would be dead right now if he tried that statue of liberty punt fake. I like having Hentrich around, he's the only original Titan left to my knowledge.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Jevon is an original Titan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar