In Layman’s Terms: The Dinger Influence

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

J-Mac and Crump are still question marks though.

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

At least one will make it I am sure. Maybe both. Plus, I left out Gage.

3. The Playmaker

Yeah. I'm really hoping Craig Stevens is used.

4. vslyke

Him too.

:whoop::beer2::sleepy::loser: Pick the one you want.

5. The Playmaker

I don't like any of them.

6. Nine

Nine Starter

I vividly recall one of Dinger's great red zone/goal line plays, and I've often wondered why Fisher didn't suggest it to Chow.

Two TE's, split backs.....WR comes in motion across the formation, right to left.

At the snap of the ball, they run a stretch play to the left....everybody but the motion WR, who spins and goes back against the flow of the play at a full sprint.

The QB fakes a long hand-off to the RB, drops three steps, and zips it to the WR just as he clears the back-side TE.

The play happens so fast, the defense doesn't have time to react. Their initial read gets them moving in the direction of the running play. By the time they read pass, the ball is already in the WR's hands. He's virtually guaranteed an easy 5-10 yards; from anywhere inside the 5-yard line, he goes into the endzone untouched.

This was a bread-and-butter play for JMac in 2003, especially for goal-line plays and two-point conversions.

Fisher apparently never mentioned the play to Chow....but you can bet Heimerdinger still has it socked away in his bag of goodies.

7. vslyke

Not the beer cheer or the whoop?

8. The Playmaker

:flame:

Beercheer is okay the whoop looks like someone running around on fire.

9. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

If it aint broke, then don't fix it. Run the ball which means less pressure on Vince, and hopefully he can be morethan just a game manager.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I get on here at least once a day. I just don't like saying one word to get my post count up like you do. I have told you once before you don't like what I have to say use the ignore button.

:werd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar