In-Season Routing with an Eye on the Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dangermode, Nov 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Obviously we're all rooting for the Rams to tank. The worse they do, the better our 1st round pick will be, right? At this moment they're (we're) picking 6th! Not too shabby.

But what about this?

Rooting FOR the Jets, the Jags, and the Bears? Just a few more wins from any of them and they could slip behind the Rams. Our pick could get even higher!

Or what about this?

Rooting FOR Zach Brown to go to the Pro Bowl. I voted for him. If he gets any post season honors, there's a high probability we'll get a compensatory pick for losing him in free agency. That would be sweet.

Speaking of compensatory picks...

If the Rams get a 3rd round compensatory pick for Janoris Jenkins, the Titans will get THAT pick instead of the Rams other one. That could mean the difference between a pick at the beginning of the third and a pick at the end. A BIG difference. I'm rooting AGAINST Jenkins in the second half. If he somehow does poorly, or misses game time, the Rams could be awarded a 4th or 5th instead and the Titans could keep the early third.

What am I missing?

#1 Dangermode, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Zach brown is likely going to the pro bowl, he was leading the nfl in tackles last I saw. I didn't realize we got a compensatory pick for it though, that will be sweet.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

routing or rooting?

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

lol it's hilarious how many times he puts routing I think he tryna be funny

5. The Hammer

@Scarecrow is a routing expert, routes with the best of them. Keeps those planes on time.

• LOL LOL x 2
  6. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Coming in to this thread I thought it would be about how the Titans need to perform for the rest of the season to get an ideal draft pick.

Seemed kind of odd since the answer to that is obvious (lose every game), but... I dunno, that wasn't what this thread was about so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

7. Dangermode

Hehe, corrected as best I could. Damn grammar nazis up in here! haha.

8. The Hammer

It was confusing me until I read the OP ;)

9. Dangermode

Why was this moved to the dang draft section BTW? (I think I hear a response, no wait that's a tumbleweed drifting by) It's not about the draft! It's about who to ROOT for during this season to give us a better draft.

10. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Thought comp picks mostly depended on the contract size offered, not the ability of the player...

Yea Rams are at #6 already that is freaking amazing. Play against the Jets next week a Jets win would really help. We should all be the biggest jet fans next week.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar