In the Market for a Laptop

Discussion in 'Gear' started by vslyke, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

2. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

no, he prolly just dont have cash to fix it if it ever breaks. just like most people!:grrhee:

3. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Lol, not visual arts inclined. I don't know, I really haven't looked at it too much. I'll make sure and check it out.

4. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I had an HP prior to this one, and it was habitually broken. Not really looking to go down that road again.

5. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Key word = IF. He might want to, also, consider the price of three PC's vs. one Mac. Since that is about the life expectancy you can expect.

Oh, and I just hope you find what you want, vslyke. Macs aren't for everyone. Just make sure you do enough research before making your decision.

6. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

I'm currently using the Acer Extensa 5620-4020, which has 1.73 Ghz Dual-core processor, 15.4 CrystalBrite LCD Screen among other things...

The keyboard is curved slightly away from you on the ends, and it works wonders when you are typing a paper for a while because you can rest your hands and still type effectively and painlessly.

[​IMG]

Customer service was extremely fast and good when I had a problem. Battery life is about 2.5 hours on balanced, and 3 hours on power saver setting, high performance (preferred when playing games and similar things) gets about 1 hour 30 to 2 hours

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

God Mac Users are a pretentious lot.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I would strongly advise you to stay away from HP.

At least go into Best Buy with enough knowledge to prove them wrong. For the most part, they have no clue what they're talking about. They're rarely geniune. I'm actually going to apply for a job at Best Buy in Cool Springs on Saturday, so I can't be bashing them too much. lol

I recently purchased my first ever HD TV... a Samsung 32" 720p LCD... it's amazing! Well, the employees at Best Buy tried sooooo hard to get me to buy the 1080p because it's so much more expensive... too bad the difference between 720p and 1080p on a 32" TV is negligible.

Don't fall for their crap. Also, the economy obviously sucks, so try to do a fair share of wheelin' and dealin'... you can pull it off with the way the economy is now.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Used laptops are cheaper than dirt right now.

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

That's what I said, until I bought one for my wife ... fo' sure my next laptop will be an Apple. There's so user friendly and you can run Windows off a Mac with Parallels, Crossover if you need it for certain programs or games so for me it was a win, win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar