In your opinion...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PacNasty, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Pacman will be a Titan.

2. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

And we will draft both WR and CB

3. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

We need to bolster the D. Stop the other teams from scoring so freaking much and VY can take care of the scoring side. Last in the league in D means we need to make that stronger first. Give VY a WR or two and throw Lendale out there and we will be just fine IMO.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Lets see, we have Keith Bulluck, whose led teh leauge in tackles before, and hasnt lost any ability, PacMan Jones, a top cb in the leauge, Chris Hope, a top saftey in the leauge, KVB, a solid d lineman, David Thornton a solid tackler, Renayldo Hill isnt horrible, so tell me why were last in the league on defense, and yet it seems we can only do good against colts on d, oh i know why, SCHWARTZ, he can only gameplan for Indy, thats it, he shows no differnt coverages, no nothing, and people wonder why sometime players dont live up to their expectations every game, this should be a defense ranked in the teens with this talent, were weak at some positions, but were so strong in other areas that we should be decent, i dont understand why people arent more upset that schwartz is still here instead of complaining how we havent picked up anyone

5. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

True, the coaching plays a huge part of the overall defense, but on the other hand, the defense is only as strong as it's weakest player.

6. LT21Titans27

I never beleieved in that, because things change as gameplans change, look at the colts, couldnt stop th erun for their life, come playoff time, they shut down LJ and other good backs, th erun stoppers were their weakest players, th egameplan and ideas changed, their play changed, they became better

7. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Coaching is half the battle.

8. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

The thing with the Colts was the desire and will to play defense. For a stretch there it looked like they didn't even care.

An example of bad scheming by a coach would be this past year's Texas Longhorn team. You have Michael Griffin at safety, Tarrell Brown and Thorpe-award winner Aaron Ross at CB, and have one of the worst pass Defenses in D-1 football? Theres a ton of talent there, it was just not being used well in the defensive scheme.

Same could be said about the Colts partially as well. Along with their lack of desire it seemed, was that a lot of times the players were out of position. Whether this was the scheme or not, I'm not sure, but coaching plays a HUGE part of a defense, but you also have to have the talent.

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

He won't be cut.
    If MR was planning on doing that, we would have signed Clements or traded for some other elite CB.

10. LT21Titans27

Yea, we would have probably made more of a push for even Dre Bly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar