Inadvertent interactions with NFL players

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mizzo, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I hope it wasn't in the back of his car...:lol:

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Since everyone is listing of celebs they've seen or met, here are some of mine...

Steve McNair
    Eddie George
    Derrick Mason
    Chris Sanders
    Erron Kinney
    Jeff Fisher
    Darrell Waltrip
    Carrie Underwood
    Hayley Williams
    Martina McBride
    Keith Urban
    Nicole Kidman

Can't think of any others. Had long conversations with a few of them, but most were just brief. I didn't say anything to Nicole Kidman or Keith Urban, but they were right in front of me in the concessions line at the Green Hills theater.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I did a track day with Michael Jenkins of the Falcons. Cool guy that genuinely loves driving.

Samari Rolle showed up at a track event and actually approached me and asked me car questions. That was really cool. I didn't recognize him, but say him pull up in a tricked out Mercedes. Then he told me that he usually worked Sundays, but got summers off. Then he asked me my name, then said his was Samari.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Why the eyeroll?

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

zing ...

6. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

Greed I suppose.

15% is average. If you have ownership in a restaurant with your signed jerseys and pictures on the wall and you're rich I figure you should tip more. Of course, that's just me. Plus where I work we generally tip out 6% -meaning I only end up keeping 9% if the tip is 15%. To waiters, 20% is a good tip, 15% is average, and anything else will piss them off. The system has a lot of flaws, I'm aware of that. I'll only be doing this till I graduate college anyway.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I usually tip 18-20%, it's an easier figure to work with. Just multiply the tax by three.

I've got a friend who will pull out pennies just to get to 15%. God forbid the guy ever spent a nickle extra on anything. He's even started his car, but gone back in to be sure he gave exactly 15% and nothing more.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RavensShallBurn

Yea I do 18-20%.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

Free high fives for you two then. I've always thought there should be a commercial on radio stations or TV informing people how to tip.

10. RavensShallBurn

I only tip 15% if the service was below average; 10% if it sucked; 0% if the waiter is an absolute d*ck, which has happened. Left that turd a penny.

Also, if my meal is something like $9 or $10 and I hand a 20 dollar bill and the waiter asks me if I need change, I give a low tip. Of course, I need change, moron. You didn't give me a BJ too, so why would I tip 50%?

Otherwise, I'm very generous when it comes to tipping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar