Inadvertent interactions with NFL players

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mizzo, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

I've met quite a few,

I grew up in the same town as Bobby Carpenter, i havent seen him since he went pro but ive met him a few times before. Also BJ Mullens from the NBA played for a school in the same league as my high school.

My senoir year of high school one of our football coaches volunteered the senoirs to work a charity golf outing held by Mike Furrey. I met tons of players there, and had pretty long conversations with Brady Quinn(his arm is freaking huge!!!) and Dallas' Roy Williams

Plus ive also met Eddie George and a ton of Ohio State players

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Why are you getting $10 BJ's from dudes? Not cool dude, not cool at all LOL.

I get what you're saying, but it reads kind of like you normally let guys go down there.

3. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

Yeah man, I think we've all stiffed waiters. If you suck, you suck. I'll usually tell them that the service is bad and ask if they're new or something.

4. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

Oh! I know Aaron Williams (The corner in the draft this year) Went to high school with him and we graduated in the same class. 110% Douchebag, that kid.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

The thing I don't get about tipping is that the percentage seems to go up. I remember when I was a kid, people tipped like 10%. Then "they" told us that 15% was an acceptable tip. Then it became 18%. Now, people want a 20% tip. Where does it stop?

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's called inflation. It's lame. I'd imagine it wont stop until there are no economies around the world.

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

....but that should be reflected in the food prices. Instead of tipping $2 on a $20 plate, we are now expected to tip $8 on the same plate that is now $40.

Basically, servers have used social media to guilt us into doubling the tip rate.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It's always women that ask if I need change. Wasn't talking about BJs from men.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I usually leave between 15-20% when I dine out unless it's an unusual situation that deserves a larger tip.

I don't really think 15% is below average or cheap, it's average. 20% is generous and you should be happy. Above 20% should be for exceptional or specialty/difficult services like a large party.

I'm just a little surprised 15% would receive so much scorn.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'm a regular at several joints and have the same waiter as much as possible at each place. 20-25% tip minimum. This "system" often results in a lesser amount on the bill..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar