Instant Gratification

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ShoTym, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShoTym

ShoTym Rookie of the Year

I think everybody has lost sight of what's really going on.

When VY was drafted all Titans fans expected him to sit behind Volek for a couple years to learn the NFL. Instead he was thrown to the wolves. Because of his hype and unique talents, he won OROY. But that doesn't negate the fact that he really should have sat his rookie season.

His first two seasons are a waste at this point because of his injury coupled w/ an offensive coordinator who obviously worked against him. Chow never wanted Vince and didn't do anything to help make him better.

So now there's a new OC, with a new offense and new focus on fundamentals. There will be an improvement from Vince this year, but if you are expecting Pro Bowl Vince, you are gonna be disappointed.

Look at every roster and you won't find a legit QB who's putting up big numbers w/o a legit #1 WR. Yet you expect it from VY.

I really don't understand the "fans" that are so against this kid. It is almost as if you want him to fail. Do you not realize that if he fails, your team is set back 3 years?

Instead of pissing and moaning about VY, why not be mad that your organization is not building a team around him.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

2 years from now people will still be making the same excuses for the guy. "well, he was a project expected to take 3 years, so now in his 5th season, it's like his 2nd season - and he's in a sophmore slump. His 6th season will be the one to judge!"

lol

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

"In year 8, people in the Titans Organization are still waiting for the lightbulb to come on for Vince Young, Coach Jeff Fisher said this year will be the make or break year for the enigmatic QB. The fans are becoming unruly as the team has now gone through two Offensive Coordinators and on their third during the Vince Young Era, and have picked a WR in the first round the last 3 drafts, but have yet to see dividends from the moves. The Titans are mired in mediocrity and post a below-average passing attack during the Vince Young Era, it may be time to move on?" reported from ESPN, August 2013.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Being the 1st QB taken in a draft, as a 3rd overall pick, why would we expect him not to be ready to play immediately?

I think my frustration, because I am a "Vince basher", lies in the fact that the Titans took a QB with a 3rd overall pick, and have chosen not to use him for the reason he was worthy of that high of a draft pick; his legs. It would be like bringing Steve Nash to a team that runs a slow paced East Cost style offense....or a shut down man-to-man corner to a team that plays a zone defense. I could go on and on, but you get the point. It simply doesn't make sense.

It is certainly not his fault he was a great college QB, or that a team picked him when they did. But, it's hard to watch him play and not clearly see that he is one of the worst starting QB's in the league at this moment. Granted, that could be because he was "thrown into the wolves." I do hope that changes, but unfortunately, that is the truth at this time.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

In year 8 of VY the Titans will have 3 SB's!

If anyone sees a problem with that sentence then I have a problem who say the exact opposite.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

i'm all for wishful thinking but, even Peyton couldn't pull of more than one. I STILL have faith in Vince Young.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I actually agree with Nate on this one. The whole "Let Vince be Vince" advice from the Longhorn's coach seems to have been completely ignored by the Titans coaching staff. I'm all for the experiment to make him a pocket qb, but two more seasons of failing as a pocket qb, and I'll be ready to let Vince be Vince. I think the first year Vince was Vince. And I liked it. I feel in year two it was still sort of Vince, but with no running. And now in year 3, It's not looking like Vince anymore. He's a football player. He's not just your regular qb. The Titans may need to roll with that and heed the advice that was first given to them. I don't know. It's still too early, but that is how I feel right now. Game 2 was a bummer.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

The Oakland game didn't bother me that much, and here's why. It was no secret we were going to be passing it a lot. Hell, the coaching staff said it to the media mid week. I saw it more as a gauge to see what Herm could throw at Vince when the opposing team is sure you'll be passing, and see how he executed. He didn't execute well, and neither did the receivers. I genuinely believe we will have a better offense this year because I believe the running corps will be extremely solid, as well the line work, and that's what you need. Herm runs an offense that I think is made well for Vince and our running game. I dunno, maybe I'm being nieve. But until there's some sort of consistent string of bad performances by Vince and the receivers in the regular season, I'll be quiet and patient.

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Vince being Vince will get him hurt and make him worse as a QB. That would be like Vince year 2 every year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar