Instant Gratification

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ShoTym, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

College is different from the pros. You can't go off any stats they had in the NCAA. You have to base a prospect off his potential and talent. So you can mold that player into a successful pro. Also checking in on some off-field issues might be wise(pac man).

2. Nine

Nine Starter

Ummm....all three of those guys were first-round picks, which is a pretty clear indication of how good they were in college.

I never saw Carr at Fresno State, but Grossman (Florida) and Leftwich (Marshall) were fantastic.

(One of the greatest college games I ever saw was the 2002 GMAC Bowl, where Marshall faced off against ECU. Marshall trailed 30-3 at halftime, but came back to win 64-61 in OT. Interestingly enough, ECU was led by some no-name QB named David Garrard.)

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I remember that game! It was pretty good.

4. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Starter

Carr led the nation that year with 42 TD's and only 7 picks.

I remember that game. I'm not a fan of either school, which made that game even more entertaining as an outsider watching it. Good stuff.

Anyway the point was (about posting that link), is that college talent doesn't always translate to the NFL - obviously..

5. Nine

Nine Starter

Absolutely.

I posted the link in response to JW's suggestion that Vince wasn't a productive passer in college, when the numbers clearly suggest otherwise.

6. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Starter

I gotcha.... I would have to agree with his collegiate career althought that's hard for me to admit (it's a Texas A&M v. T'sips thing). Obviously we get plenty of Big 12 games so I saw VY a bunch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar