Instead of the 18-game regular season...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by quagliero, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

I think the best solution would be for them to keep the current 16 game format, scrap the first round bye in the playoffs and have 2 extra wildcard teams from each conference. They could encompass a league-wide bye the week before the post season begins. Let's face it, the playoffs are what it's all about.

Wildcard Weekend would be incredible. It'd be football from dawn to dusk.

What do you think? Is there anyway we adopt a larger playoff system, or is the 18-game season set in stone?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The 18-game season is going to happen. It is basically a lock.

As for more playoff games, possibly this will happen at some point in the future but definitely not any time soon.

You can't really add more games to Wild Card Weekend. You say that it would be games from dawn to dusk, but that will never fly. The league cares about TV ratings more than anything. You can't have playoff games on in the morning or late at night, because those games wouldn't get maximum TV ratings. You can't have 2 playoff games going at the same time, because they would each into each other's ratings.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

18 game season would be nice. But 16 game seasons already dominate 1/2 the players in the league.

4. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

It's a shame, because 4 playoff games in one day would be amazing. :D

Suppose it's different here in England because the early game would still kick off at 6pm, but the late game could easily run until 8am. :eek:

5. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

I also feel like a lot of the single season records will be cheapened somewhat with the extra games. I guess the same was said about moving from the old 14 game schedule, though.

I wonder if 5,000 yards passing or 2,000 yards rushing will become "great seasons", instead of incredible ones.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

18 game season really makes it hard for vy. how on this earth can vy stay healthy for 18 games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

18 game season = more injuries = stricter rules = pu$$ game = no thanks.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm in favor of which ever gives me more football.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I don't know, maybe he can throw for more than 12 TD's in a season that way.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I really don't like the idea of having even more playoff teams. 12 out of 32 teams in the postseason is plenty. If you added two more wild card teams for each conference that would mean 50% of all teams make the playoffs. That would really water down the regular season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar