Interesting Article by Jason LaCanfora...are Titans Primed for Sale as Never Before

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan1207, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

Underwood said, "I don't know where you keep getting this information. This team is not for sale. It never was for sale; and the owners do not want to sell. The owners have said repeatedly this team is not for sale."

Maybe he is just doing his part to cover it up; but Underwood for the most part has been pretty straight forward about the team.

I do not think it is for sale right now. That does not mean that some one couldn't make them an offer they could not refuse. IMO everything (Material) is for sale; for the right amount of money. I do not think the family is interested in hearing offers right now. I think that may change in the future; but it will be a long while. Just my opinion.

I would love for a young, innovative, football driven group to buy the team. I think it would be the best thing for this team in the long run. I just don't think the children are through with their new toy yet.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

But he went to the Superbowl once. He must be good!

• LOL LOL x 2
  3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

And he's gone 7-41 since! lol

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Far out that's bad.

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I am not from Wisconsin, but I have lived here for several years now. I know that, in the past, the Packers would play a couple of games in Milwaukee (old County Stadium) during the regular season. I am guessing that the intent was to keep fan interest high....noting that Green Bay itself is really not a very big city.

They do not do that now, but they did it as late as the 1980s I think....

In the short term it may not be such a bad thing to have the Titans play in other venues of the state (Memphis, Knoxville) in order to re-invigorate support....with the appropriate adjustments to season tix folks of course. They are called the "Tennessee" Titans after all....

6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

at least three of those were week 1 wins

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 2
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I would like to see the exhibition games go to places like Birmingham/Memphis/Chattanooga/Knoxville. For a short time, say 3 years, I would not mind 1 regular season game a year being in Memphis/Knoxville/Chattanooga.

Exactly nobody asks me though

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I agree...if a local ownership group took over and asked my advice (LOL...like that would happen) I would tell them to schedule home games in Memphis, Knoxville, and other locations that could house NFL games (not sure if Chattanooga has a venue). To me that would be the first message I would send as a local owner...we are the Tennessee NFL team.

9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

An exhibition game at Legion Field? Damn talk about going back in time.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Yeah I doubt the Mocs stadium would be up to NFL standards, but it would be plenty good enough for those useless exhibition games

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar