Interesting Article

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

He nailed a lot of things right (not everything but he did a pretty good job). usually analysts are wrong when they do reports on the titans; many a time have i been critical of whole articles, but this was pretty good.

it aligns itself with a lot we have already been discussing.

This one is by NFL.com's Bucky Brooks: Titans fans might not miss VY, but CJ2K probably does

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...miss-vy-but-cj2k-probably-does?module=HP11_cp

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

damn, if you watch that first video in that article, just watch the holes that are open everytime CJ touches the ball. He consistently misses the hole, as there are many excellent cutback lanes or runs right up the back of his lineman as there's a hole right inside. Very disappointing to see those holes and see negative plays or 1-2 yard gains when there should be 6-10 yarders. He simply isn't seeing the hole. Is this Chris Henry?

3. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

[​IMG]

4. tomachek2009

tomachek2009 LEGEND

Wow on the first play that video shows did you see the cut back lane instead of trying to stretch it to the outside, this is 85% chris johnson and 15% the o-line

5. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

There is no cutback lane at all on that first play.

6. tomachek2009

tomachek2009 LEGEND

I was an lineman both sides of the ball my whole football career and if saw the lane I would have took it in a heart beat as soon as johnson takes two steps to his right every guy starts flowing right off harris their is a huge hole that easily would have picked up 3 yards instead of his negative play

7. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

LOL is this a joke? There's a cutback lane on this play? The play was designed to go to the right and CJ was running full speed to the right when Hass handed him the ball.

[​IMG]

I only saw maybe one opportunity he missed in the Colts game where he missed something that was there. Even then it wasn't much.

What about this one where he's hit 3 yards behind the LOS as soon as he gets the ball?

[​IMG]

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Play 1: Stretch play, you are asking for one hell of a cut for him to make LOL

Play 2: He had nowhere to go. If he had cut back to the right, he had 3 people in white waiting for him.

Play 3: hit in the backfield

Play 4: Could have cut slightly to the right, to MAYBE get one more yard

Not going to go over every play. I left it at that. Watch the video again please. Also, read the article. He also calls out our entire interior line for... well basically sucking.

Then again, he also talks about the VY effect. Considering in 2008, VY started 1 game. Then in 2009 VY started 10 games. Then in 2010 VY started 8 games. Doesnt seem like you can attribute CJ's success to VY. This article is a fail on most fronts from what I read after looking at reality for about 10-15 minutes.

Dont believe everything you read.

Go look at the blocking the past 3 years (just look up random games), then look at the blocking from random games this season. The past 3 seasons, our line was on the 2nd level in no time. This season, our line is getting pushed around like women.

Fail article.

9. tomachek2009

tomachek2009 LEGEND

My bad it was between amano and harris

Johnson was known for his lateral speed his abilitly to stop and go at any instant your telling me that it was impossible for him to see that and not make his cut back

oh i forgot the running back needs to complete stop wait for the defender than go again once he sees a cut back i got you

10. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Please let me know where there was a hole on any of those runs lol I'm really wondering. I'd love our issue to be so easy to fix that it's just a vision issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar