Interesting Article

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomachek2009

tomachek2009 LEGEND

That first stretch play was the only play I saw

If you closes watch that play and this is what im going off of not that clip you posted a split second to late

Chris is made to change his direction in an instant

Harris held his block untill the last second

When right before chris took the ball his head was downfield the linebackers already with the line started to slide over to the stretch he could of easily made it pass harris blocker and hit that hole to either get hit by 51 or make him miss

2. tomachek2009

tomachek2009 LEGEND

that was an in generally post (how he been handling most carries) im sorry i forgot ill need to break it down step by step for you so you guys dont get confused :facepalm:

3. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

That snapshot is from right after CJ takes his first few steps. What happened before CJ even got the ball is irrelevant.

4. tomachek2009

tomachek2009 LEGEND

So like a qb pre snap read on the defense it is completely irrelevant? So a rb can't take a pre hand off read? If you see a lane in the a hole before a hand off your still gonna hit the c hole cause that's the design play

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

lol This post is full of falsities!

6. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

He can't cutback before he gets the ball he has to take a few steps first. That snapshot is after his first few steps and number 55 is already free. The block has to be held long enough for CJ to take his first few steps and then cutback and that wasn't the case on that play.

7. tomachek2009

tomachek2009 LEGEND

Do you get what I'm saying at all before he even got the ball the hole was their. It would have been like a misdirection play one step and gone. I do see your point yea the hole is gone when he takes off hard to the right but moment of handoff he needs to see it 55 would have not been a factor it would have been to quick

8. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

What honestly make you think 55 or the DE pursuing would not have been a factor if made that instant cut as soon as he got the ball. They were both there to fill that cutback lane. If Amano gets to his block like CJ should expect him to that is a good positive play. That play is all on Amano.

9. tomachek2009

tomachek2009 LEGEND

Agreed on the amano block from your perspective from mine the block Harris made on the de was long enough for what I'm saying leaving 51 free for cj. To make him miss

10. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

The DE was unblocked. Harris was blocking Simms a linebacker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar