Rumor interesting CBS Sports story

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by altitan, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

The same reason people think Jon Gruden is going to be our next governor...

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I really need to watch Total Recall again. It's been awhile.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Reading through this thread, I think some of you have gotten in the mindset where you would rather be perennial losers than see the franchise turned around.

Manning/Polian/Gase combo is about the best possible scenario we could hope for as fans. Of course it is just speculation right now, but it is hardly baseless. Both Polian and Manning feel spurned by the Colts. The openings needed will exist for the Titans in 2 weeks. We have 2 young QBs with potential, as suPK said "QB is the last position of need right now for the Titans". I get the feeling Mariota personality would mesh quite well with Manning, or anyone really, that's more of a shot on Manning's ego.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. blacktitan

blacktitan Starter

As much as I despise Manning the QB, I am intrigued by manning the "Football czar". He is almost savant like with Football IQ, has the cache to command the respect of Mariotta, and with Polian and Gase, could lure FA's to sure up the O-line (which is what kept the team from being truly competitive this year).

All of this talk about UT is asinine. College Football is only big in small Southern/Midwwest towns. In NFL circles, the only people interested in working at a college are coaches. Front office types are no way intrigued about the possibility of working at a college (recruiting, schmoozing with obnoxious alumni/boosters, having to deal with profs and academics are just too much of an obstacle that has very little to do with actual football, and these types are football professionals). How many Pro GM's are breaking down doors at colleges to be Athletic Directors?

I think this should happen, as soon as Manning decides to hang it up, which I think will happen this year. This is the best and only option the Titans really have to turn this thing around. Because if they don't, I can easily see the ownership, in an attempt to try and sell the team, demand a new stadium within the next 5 years, considering cities like St. Louis, LA, and eventually San Diego, will start building stadiums in attempts to lure teams. They will use the threat of relocation to get a new stadium. If the city/state refuses, than its sayonara Titans.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

If you ever tour the Titans facility, one spot during the tour is the bathroom outside the practice facility and they tell you Peyton Manning once took a dump there when the Titans were trying to woo him to play for the titans.

Thats the biggest thing to happen at that facility in years.

• LOL LOL x 2
  6. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

This is needs to be broken down a bit more

The first stepping stone is Bill Polian. Does he want to be a President? I remember hearing that he does. Would he want to come here? Why not? There are only 32 jobs and he loves Mariota. He did not leave on great terms in Indy and would probably like to play them twice a year. Plus, one of his sons already works here. I think if we offered him the job, he takes it. We want stability in this team, doesn't get any more stable than Polian.

He would most likely hire his son, Chris, as GM. He is qualified and is on the short list for a lot of teams. I would like the hire.

They have connections with Doug Marrone and Adam Gase. People seem to think Gase is a shoe in. I dunno. I wouldn't mind him, but do not think is a sure thing like his son becoming GM. They would do a full search and pick the best coach. I still hope its Hue Jackson.

Then comes Peyton. It's a one question decision for him. Does he want to work in college or pro. It's either UT or Titans. Polian is a second father to him and would be football czar etc etc here. Don't think its much of a question this is the pro team he would work for. He could do whatever at UT. Those are pretty much his two best options in either league.

If the Adams family is looking for stability a Polian/Polian/ Peyton front office is the perfect combo. I would be surprised if we do not here something within the week of our last game. I agree Jason La Canfora throws a lot of crap at the wall. We know most of it is crap and does not make any sense. This seems to make too much sense...so it wont happen.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

A big issue in my eyes is what Strunk is willing to give up as far as control of the franchise.

Example: if she's going to meddle with draft pick decisions like Bud did, I don't see why any top President candidates put themselves in a situation where the owner is going to yank the rug out from under him.

If she is willing to give almost total control to the President, and pays a competitive package, then it becomes a much more attractive job, IMO.

The same applies to choosing the GM. Any top President candidate is going to want to be the top decision-maker there as well.

I think Strunk is going to need to willing to let go and fade into the background before any top candidates find this job attractive.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I am not trying to call UT fans stupid idiots. I just fail to see what Manning's great qualifications are as a GM, coach or president. At this point he is no more qualified than Brady, Brees or any other great QB.

9. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Many, including those in and around the NFL, see him as a great business man and excellent front office candidate. He, unlike Brady or Brees, is on the brink of retirement. The timing could be right for him to join the Titans front office. I could care less who is in the front office as long as the produce a winning roster. But I think the Titans organization see that Manning will perform well and also help with the Titans popularity and also has the possibility in the future to assemble an ownership group, should it be needed in the future. We shall see.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I have someone better tough. Not Brady, at least you could see through my trollin on that one. Good work!

This person is someone who actually has business experience, not just playing experience. He also has a great football mind and is retired so he is ready to jump in. In addition he has a true passion for the team and the state that surpasses Manning's love for Tennessee. This man is Tennessee through and through and, as a bonus, went to a very good school -- h/t @DeeT04

[​IMG]

#80 The Hammer, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar