Interesting Note about Lamont Thomson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Gunny, you are great at making these silly one line comprehensive statements with no substance of any kind.

It certainly presumes some reasonable level of intelligence. I seriously doubt you will see Pacman getting married to a brain surgeon anytime soon. Of course Pacman is the ultra extreme example of someone who is plain stupid. Not too many lawyers, doctors or people with other advanced degrees are going to marry someone far below their level of intelligence. Sure it can happen occasionally but the vast majority of the time people tend to marry someone with some similar level of intellect. Assuming LT is reasonably intelligent with above average cognative and language skills because he is married to a lawyer is a reasonably intelligent assumption.

2. TitanFan4Life

TitanFan4Life Stronger Than K-Bulluck

:rolleyes:

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Pacman had SAT score that screams PhD. If he hadn't played football, he would probably be preparing for the BAR (no pun intended... OK, just a little) pretty soon. I also can't help you with marriages of people with similar intellect. I've seen plenty of the opposite. Money does usually like to marry money however, which indicates people of similar class like to marry. Lamont's NFL salary puts him among high paid lawyers.

4. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

What I know to be fact: Lamont is neither dumb nor stupid. I haven't tested his I.Q., but in general conversations, he has above average intelligence and can speak on subjects outside of football and working out. His wife was not an attorney when he met her. From what I understand, they are from the same area in California and were together in college. She graduated from a law school in Louisiana, that she attended while he was playing in Nashville.

Lamont simply never caught on with the Bengals. He had an injury while he was there and with the new coaching staff came changes and they simply did not wish to put any time in with him. He worked out for the Titans, got signed and was a backup for Lance Schulters (I think I it was Lance). Anyway, I remember his "coming out party" was a Monday night in Green Bay where he got like 2 or 3 picks on Brett. It was his play and "nose for the ball" that made the Titans sign him to the extended contract.

A lot of players think that Lamont simply had the 2nd-contract-itis. When players get resigned by a team for a nice amount, they tend to get comfy in that spot and not play as hungry. Lamont realizes that he is playing for his job and has stepped up his game.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ if that's the case, every deal should be one year deals

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

He really has stepped up his game - I'd say you can pinpoint the date last season after Fisher put him on notice. He improved immediately after that, and it's continued into this preseason. He's got some upsides - and I might be inclined to believe that much of his apparent confusion could easily have been the CBs fault. There was an article not long ago hinting that there has been a problem in our secondary over the past 3 years with one person taking heat in the press for a botched play when it was really another person's fault. Still, I have been hoping for someone else to win that job... but if Lamont keeps it I won't cry.

7. reo

reo Starter

he also plays best when he has competition. he played pretty well when he was competing w/ schulters but then when we let schulters go, he got complacent. having Lowry push him is part of what's really helped him out this year. I remember when he was drafted b/c I liked him then. we were looking at drafting a saftey and the top guy was Roy Williams and then... Ed Reed? then Thompson was 3rd or so i believe (even though Roy is SS and LT is FS) but then we drafted Tank after the bengals drafted LT. he was known as a ball hawk in college.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hello Coffee Pot,

Care to back up your statements you just made with facts? Or will you just leave it as a 'comprehensive statement with no substance of any kind'? Seeing as all you did was make simple assumptions.

Of course you can't backup your statement, but you are so willing to get on your soap box just to prove me wrong. Which again you cannot with any definitive evidence.

So I will stick to my quite right comment that who someone is married too does not indicate intelligence one way or another. And you can jump down from your soap box until you feel another need to try and jump down my throat.

Sincerly

Kettle.

:rolleyes:

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I would also add Soxcat, partially the reason why what you said is true is because most people who have been to school and completed their final year have above average intelligence, many of which go on to university.

10. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Sure it does.

Lawyers are very intellegent.

It's their moral values that come into question. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar