Interesting observation by Kuharsky

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

O-Line change was necessity

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Fisher only changes starters if they get suspended or injured. Some of us have called for changes for a long time, if for nothing else just to see how they stack up in comparison.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

LT has been watching his step constantly for about two years. If he dings himself anywhere, he's gone. Anyone want to drive by his house with a bat with me?

4. im game, it will be impossible to miss his nose

5. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Not until us lowly fans, players (Bulluck) and the media made multiple suggestions. If he weren't forced, Fisher would still start Collins and let Vince miss out on this valuable experience.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Collins was a scapegoat, and the reason we got him was so Fisher could replace him with Vince. There is no way Collins could succeed coming in so late in the year. It was easy to bench him, and there would be no fan outcry. Now if Volek were here it would have been a very different situation, but that problem was eliminated. Adams wanted Vince on the field ASAP.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think that was forced by Adams. Once he has his guys in place at the beginning of the season, it usually takes an injury in order to shake things up. There are a few exceptions like Woolfolk never getting his job back after he came back from injury.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yes, there are few exceptions, and maybe Adams forced the issue. Thing is, no one really knows how some of the behind the scenes stuff goes....or if there really even is more than meets the eye.

9. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Not that anyone believes this but....
    Fisher did an interview a week or so ago on channel 4 in Nashville. Rudy Kalis asked him about the change and Fisher was pretty adament that he has NEVER been asked or told who to play or not play. He said they make player decisions, as far as who to draft or bring in as an organization, but he has the only say on who plays or does not play.

As far as Kuharsky goes... I have to say that when you watch the Monday press conferences and listen to the media questions, his are usually the best and most intelligent questions asked.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Just a little Fisher note, he just said on the show that he thinks the D needs a few more core players. Mentioned Jevon. Not earth shattering, but it's nice to get away from some of his coach speak and give us more detail (not that we couldn't already tell we have some big holes).

Now, we can speculate on the players that need to be replaced. Surely some of the young guys are at least worth trying out to see if they may have a future as a starter. He didn't say all that, but I imagine he thinks it. I have a feeling he's going to try some of these guys. Hopefully soon, but at least in time to get a lot of reps.

I think FireFisher.com will get a lot more hits if he doesn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar