Interesting read on Kerry Collins situation

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by FishFearMe, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

None of those vets have multiple years in the Titans system. He can be successful here right now or possibly struggle elsewhere. This story doesn't feel done by any means..

2. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I still see KC playing in Titan Blue or no where at all. Just my thoughts.

3. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

Our offensive line gives Collins great protection which I think he really needs. I think if he were to go somewhere else he wouldn't be as effective as he could be in Tennessee.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The only other team I'd even consider if I'm Collins is Minnesota. With Peterson and their defense they could very competitive and Collins would be a short term answer for them like he would be for us.

Still, his best chance of succeeding is with the Titans. My guess is the Titans are trying to low ball him into a 2 mil per year deal.

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

KFC sucks ***.
    By no means is he the solution for any below average team.

At best, the dude serves as a backup or a game manager for a well established team.
    He fits our system and is worthless outside Tennessee. No team is going to pay him anything close to what he's expecting. He knows it and so do the coaches of all other 31 teams.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar