Interesting reason Pats played starters late

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

No butchering needed -- the fact that there ist 1:45 left and you guys have three time outs opposed to our zero timeouts, I don't care if you take the kneel. Up by ten means its over with that much time on the clock. Any explanation is an excuse for bellicheck to not be on the seven game win streak like I said. He was scared. Call me a homer, but I have no respect for the Pats. They think they can sign anyone and be allmighty. You'll soon find out that's not the case and the likes of Junior Seyou and the lack of Harrison is gonna cost you. The whinning over Harrison alone is low, even Brady coming out and saying they played "to our level". Please...go back to being a tool of a system...you "200whateverselectedinthedraftpunk".

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Agree

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Funny that the back judge ruled that, because on the NFL.com highlight reel they show the ball from his view and it looked like a catch to me. Definitely didn't touch the ground and there wasn't any conclusive evidenence to prove otherwise. Bottomline is, the officiating was awful for this game -- from what I've heard.

4. Nine

Nine Starter

The official called it incomplete because Hartsock failed to control the ball, and the replays I saw were inconclusive....you couldn't see the ball hit the ground, but it also didn't give proof that the ball didn't hit the ground....so the call on the field stands.

As far as the Pats' starters playing....I think Belichick's approach to the game changed after Harrison's injury on what the Pats perceived as a dirty play. That was where things really heated up, and the flags started flying.

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I replayed and paused several times; it hit the ground :hmm:

agreed DeutschTitan on your Pat = jerks post

6. PatsFan23

PatsFan23 Guest

Just so I understand your answer here......

Even though the Titans needed to win to get into the playoffs, becasue they were down 10 with 2 minutes left, you would rather pack up and go home than at least try to win with whatever opprotunity, however small, presents itself?

And I'm also unclear about the Belichek continuing to play because he was scared of becoming part of the 7-game win streak. If he was scared, wouldn't have taken the knee instead of throwing for the TD?

And Brady's quote was taken out of context. What he meant was that the Pats rarely blow someone out.

I honestly think that Bullock is whining and making excuses for his poor play. Any player that would rather the other team take a knee so he can go home instead of having the opprotunity to make a big play doesn't seem like someone driven to win, just to collect a check.

And wouldn't you want a coaching staff that thinks the people they sign will make them better?

I'm going to write-off your comment as being made due to emotions of a so-close season, as they don't seem to make much sense.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Everybody plays to win. Don't try to dress it up, however, that Bellyjerk was doing us a favor by putting the ball in the air. The game was all but over.

He was throwing Vinnie a bone. I'm not going to complain about it because the Pats clearly won the game- no doubt they were the better team. BUT- I also don't want to hear any :cry: about the Harrison injury. That was also a Bellyjerk call to keep him in the game instead of a #2 or #3. In fact, the Pats should consider themselves lucky they had no other serious injuries playing a "nothing" game against a home team fighting for a playoff spot on a crappy field.

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

No matter how you dress it up, throwing that last TD with your 40 yr. old QB is Bush League....period. It was a bush league move and honestly, I was surprised that Belicheck did it. I lost a ton of respect for him.

There is NO way that any Pat fan wouldn't have felt exactly the same way if the tables were turned.

Bush League.

9. TitanJames

TitanJames Guest

I agree, I thought it was crap, too. Yes, it would have been cool to see Pac run an INT back when they were trying to throw the ball to "run it up".

I think that was some attempt at payback for Harrison's knee thing.

Yeah, THAT guy has got some clout to talk about dirty plays....just ask Trent Green about that...of course, he'll say it wasn't intentional....just like Von Olhoffen on Carson Palmer last year.....none of it was "intentional" but sure does look cheap and low when you look at the plays again...

Hope Harrison being out costs them the game against the Jets...cheap shot artist...

10. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

I was aggravated when the Pats threw the TD, but reallly I was just aggravated at getting beat. In retrospect, it wasn't that big a deal in a 10-point game. As PatsFan pointed out, by putting the ball up they actually gave us the only chance we had to come back and win the game via an interception and return--not that it was likely, but given the weird, miracle comeback wins the team posted this year, it wasn't out of the realm of possibility.

The thing I do disagree with you about PatsFan is that Bulluck was making excuses for his poor play. He is the one guy on the team that doesn't look for excuses and is always quick to take the blame on his own shoulders. He was mouthing on the field because Caldwell was mouthing off to him from the sidelines. I'm not knocking Caldwell here because apparently both teams were doing their fair share of jawing, but that's what set Bulluck off.

He's a guy who, like most good linebackers, plays the game with a chip on his shoulder. When something happens that he doesn't like, he just adds that little chip to the pile. Whether it was right or wrong that the Pats threw for the final TD, I like the fact that Bulluck didn't like it. We like him angry.

And, for the record, there was absolutely nothing wrong with Wade's block on Harrison. It's unfortunate that he was injured but the block was clearly on the upper thighs and wasn't particularly vicious. Harrison's cleats obviously stuck in the ground for an instant or he would have gotten up and played the rest of the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar