Interesting tidbit from Jim Wyatt about a loss vs win against the Seahawks...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'll always root for us to win. BUT, I am more interested in Chris Johnson's run at the record. If the choice was record and lose, or no record and win... rather have the record. 7-9 or 8-8, no playoff chance, doesn't much matter. And yes, Buffalo and Cleveland is enticing for opponents next season. But Vince will forever have to play well to win over fans, and the game might matter some for Fisher's future with the Titans.

All in all, if we are down a point, with 3 seconds left, on the opponents 20, and Chris Johnson is 1 yard short of the record... I'd rather see us run CJ. It's more epic than 8-8.

2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I would be content maybe to have Vince play really well...CJ run for about 250....and have us lose on a last minute field goal.

I would take all that and the loss if it led to a better draft pick and schedule next year. I am not too proud to wish for an easy schedule for a change.

3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Bet we play not lose

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

It's not automatic that Buffalo and Cleveland would be less tough than Pittsburgh etc. Cincinnati won 4 games last year and we'd have thought they'd be favorable to play this year. Phins won one game the year previous then took their division the next.
    I suspect CJ is gonna go nuts on Sunday.. Hope the Hawks don't wear their lime duds. That's just hard on the eyes..

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

If Fisher coaches his A game, it'll all come down to that FG.

6. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

All I care about is Cj getting his yards 2000 I don't care if we win or loose. I wouldn't mind getting a better draft pick to be honest loosing wouldn't be bad at all we need help on defense. If we loose maybe we get closer to Eric Berry.:lol:

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

wish all you want...the Seahawks will be trying harder to lose, we'll win.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

As long as the Seahawks lay down for CJ.

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

post of the decade nominee.

Whos to say the browns wont be good next year? Farfetched, I know, but they are showing promise.

10. iQon

iQon Starter

Is this guy serious? Get CJ a few records on Sunday, win the game, and go on to punch the Jets and Dolphins in their mouth next year. I hope anybody in that locker room that wants to do this is fired or cut immediately.

The Titans are one of the most under appreciated franchises in the league. No matter what they do, they're disrespected. It took 9-0 (we were the last undefeated at 4-0) before they even conceded we were the best team last year. They see we lose to two of the hottest teams in the league this year and say "see, I told you they were flukes. They haven't beat anybody good yet".

The front office just needs to make good use of what little we have in the draft and take care of who we need to. It'll be worth it to go into January 2011 with a few scars instead of some heavily rested starters that overall look flat... like we did this January.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar