Interesting tidbit in Peter King's MMQB this morning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

In his first page of notes on the Manning saga....when you get to his Bud Adams notes this was in the mix...

"Adams, I'm told, doesn't expect to get Manning now, but his reaction will be worth monitoring if they don't."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/03/19/signings/index.html#ixzz1pZ5hrEXM

First I have heard that Adams is not confident that PM will be coming to TN.

There is something too quiet about the 49ers in all this. They had a workout with the guy and no one knew about it for a few days...they are letting Smith basically walk it appears and they just have been really quiet. That is PM's way of working as well which has me thinking they are secretly aware he is coming there.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

All these talking heads just pull things out of their rear ends in order to stir the pot and drum up interest.

3. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

Sh%t....what a waste of time this has been

4. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

I thought they didn't have enough cap space left to sign him? I understand money isn't PM's main concern, but you would think a team would give him what he's worth. What he's worth is over 9er's cap space unless they have more money than what I thought.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Who would he have to blame but himself? By all appearances, the front office is doing everything he has asked of them. They dropped their own plans to move ahead full-force with his. If the Titans miss out on Manning and Bud throws a hissy fit, so be it. He better not start firing good football people because they "only" made it to the final 3 in wooing the biggest free agent ever.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Unless he has a quote from Bud he has no inside info. Te talking heads just seem to be grasping at straws... He may be right but I won't believe anything they say until I hear Manning announce where he's going

7. TitansfaninKY

TitansfaninKY Starter

He better pick at some point today. I dont care if he is ours or not I just want to know so this nonsense can stop.

8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

When all this started I thought it was pretty much a joke the Titans were even being considered by the media so I'm surprised it's gotten this far.

I wonder if he signed here, opening day, if he'd get a good number of boos from the crowd? Some could be bitter from his days as a Colt.. [cues Hoffa's entrance] :p

9. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

I'm sure there will be some but my guess is cheers will far outweigh the boos.

The thing that excites me is this seems to have energized te city. Preds are playing great and are getting Rads back and the city is excited because of PM. I'm 2000 miles away and I can sense that.

10. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Yea I'm ready for this to be over too. I've been scanning across websites, forums and haven't been productive at work since this started.

I don't need an official announcement to find out who he's going to. Just tell me ! >:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar