Interview with Lendale White

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by highstep, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highstep

highstep Camp Fodder

I intern at 3 Hour Lunch on 104.5 and sat in on an interview with Lendale. It was one of the best interviews the show has ever had. Here's what we got from it.

- Clay Travis asked him about when he found out he had been released. He said that Pete Carroll gave him a hug on Thursday and said every thing is going ok and found out Friday morning that he had been released.

- He said that Jeff Fisher knows all, he knows when players have parties and get togethers. He said Pete Carroll is the same way and there's no way that he didn't know that Reggie Bush received the money that he did.

- Lendale is a soccer fan. He would be at the World Cup if he had a job.

- He said Pete Carroll was nothing more the figure head of USC football.

- He said that he would be grateful to end up anywhere at this point, including the titans.

As a side note, from what I here from Blaine Bishop Lendale is just one of those guys that has fallen victim to the Fish. Besides smoking weed like a good hand full of our players, he really hasn't done anything wrong and has good character. I think the media makes him out as a baby crying for attention when really he is a genuine guy. The thing that separates from a lot of football players that I have interviewed or heard interviewed is that he gives real answers, which is not something coaches like. This interview may make it harder for Lendale to find a job by this fall, Blaine Bishop thinks he may get black balled. I will ask Clay Travis for confirmation but I think sports center called the station for the interview today.

Listen to it here.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Ticking people off and talking crap about former employers is one way to get a new gig.

3. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

They asked him: "Do you see any team that you would be a good fit for"

and he said "Yea the Titans, considering they dont have a runningback"

i LoL'd, Lendale is the man

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'll actually be pretty surprised if he signs with any team this year. Maybe near the end of the season when some team is ravaged by injuries.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

LenDale is not a scrub, he's good enough to start in a lot of places. I like LenDale, hope it works out for him.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Not at all surprised by this and can't wait until the Fish is gone!

Good information highstep, and sweet intern gig.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'd be surprised if he didn't sign. There are plenty of teams thin at running back. He can at least be a #2 back somewhere.

I could see him going to the Eagles, Chargers, or Packers.

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I'll still wear my number 25 two toned blue jersey. People can call him fat or a cry baby but he speaks the truth and speaks bluntly.

It's weird, everyone hates the white-washed PC answers Jeff Fisher gives at press conferences... But when Lendale completely contrasts that style by saying... "What do you want me to do with 3 carries?" (Which mind you is an excellent point) he gets benched pretty much the rest of the season (and probably wouldn't have played in the play off game if CJ hadn't gotten injured.) To top it off, he gets benched the next season as well!

It was no surprise lendale got traded. Lendale cost fisher a playoff win with that fumble in Jan 09.

Lendale will be a running back somewhere next season. He may not start, but he would be a great pick up for a 3rd down power back. Could you imagine Jamaal Charles and LenDale White?

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I honestly call bullish on that. Its not like Lendale was burried on the depth chart behind Ringer and Pearman, he was behind a better back.

I guarantee you Jeff Fisher got tired of watching Lendale White run in to defenders instead of through them in 2008, which is why we drafted Chris Johnson in 2009. Then he got tired of watching Lendale White try to run at nearly 280 lbs(Lendale's own estimation)while CJ was on the sidelines getting a breather.

Lendale's commitment was garbage. Pete Carroll and the Seahawks saw that in two months and released him. The Seahawks KNEW he was going to be suspended when they traded for him and were willing to live with that, but they couldn't deal with his lack of effort.

I will admit Jeff Fisher plays favorites, but Lendale did this to himself. He should have never been playing at at same weight as Kevin Mawae...

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Fail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar