Interview with Whisenhunt

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

If he gets named as a cancer, I want him gone. If he's a victim of Munchak/Lowgains scheme, I'd like to see another year under different leadership to see if he can regain form.

I believe Britt started the Cancer Club, but CJ seems like the kind of guy to back up his boy Kenny and sign the membership form.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. 615nick

615nick Starter

He'll be back no matter what people argue for or against him. Rather you want to admit it because of his past or deny it because of the last couple years, this guy is our most deadly weapon on his side of the ball. He is the main focus of every d we play, period. We have no qb, our blocking is garbage most of the time and the coaching was horrible. Wiz will want to at least give this guy one shot with his people to see what they can produce. No rb, fa or draftee will be as good as cj can and will be with wiz. I know he gets paid a lot and I agree its to much for any rb, but anybody on this board would have hyped themselves up and took that money if they rushed for 2k, period. With our qb situation he is the one part of our o we can lean on ( no not the past couple year because of gameplan and blocking). Yes he does go down before the big hit, name a guy in the league that does and stays on the field, answer=none. Its not the play style we all loved with eddie, but can still be very effective. Watch and see the cj of old under wiz and co.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

This bothers me. Why are we any less Titans fans because we support one of our own and think he still is and can be a good player? We want him around because we think our team will be better with him on it. You may disagree with that but a difference of opinion doesn't make you anymore of a fan than the rest of us. Only on this board can you be labeled a fake fan for supporting a Titans player. I can't think of any other franchise who's fans hate on a top 3 player on their team as much as we do. And it's not just CJ, it happens all the time. Once CJ is gone you guys will just turn on someone else. It's just what will happen around here until we start winning. One day Kendall or Hunter or someone else will say something deemed wrong and the fan base will turn on them too.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yes, this is how it works. We want a perfect team, and until that happens, we will all moan and groan about anyone under performing.

Notice though, the "hate" as you love to call it also gets directed at Dave Stewart, Moise Fokou, Colin McCarthy, Kenny Britt, Rob Turner, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and all the others who cost us games.

Have you ever noticed all the players we "hate" have all ended up gone and we were better off for it? Nick Harper, Chris Hope, Justin Gage, Eugene Amano, Sean Smith, etc..... Yea we "hate" our best players LOL

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Kenny is the only one that get CJ level hate on here and if I remember correctly you were one of the bigger Rob Turner advocates on this board. Just wait and see. This board will turn on another good player. My money is on Hunter. A large chunk of the board labeled him a bust before he played his first NFL game.

6. JCBRAVE

I was a Rob turner advocate week-1 and the weeks before that. Brian Schwenke was just as bad if you forgot, and Fernado Velasco had as bad a year with Pitt, so all three sucked, there was no right answer.

But yea youre right, we will turn on another guy, its always a matter of who...

If you hold my team back, I will be all up your ass letting you know. Ask ol Mike Griffin how I take my players sucking.

You think I just "turn" on guys? No they fail us, I give them my 3-strike rule, and hope for the best. If they blow it over and over how CJ and Britt have, yea theyre dead to me.

See Jason McCourty for example. His rookie year he was kinda bad, but being that he was a rookie I let it all slide. Then comes year-2 and he's a totally different DB, and now some will tell you I love him.

See Ryan Mouton, do you like him? Because I dont, but I gave that kid 3 years to get it right, he never did. Did I "turn" on him? Did you? Im sure you did.

7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I thought Schwenke was an immediate upgrade from the day he stepped on to the field. Velasco did have a bad year in Pit though. I was wrong to think that we had potentially made a mistake by releasing him.

8. JCBRAVE

nah man, Schwenke sucked big time, he was better I guess, but not by much. Him and Chance in pass protecting was horrible.

and no velasco did not have a good year, he had maybe 2 ok games where he wasnt put on his ass, but I promise you he had a bad year. ask a steelers fan, they'll tell you.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I agree that his pass blocking wasn't very good but I thought Schwenke looked great in run blocking and did a great job getting to the second level and blocking in space on screens. I wasn't disagreeing on Velasco. When we let him go I thought it might be a mistake but it seems we made the right move.

10. JCBRAVE

Yes compared to Rob Turner who is small, Schwenke looked good in the run game, but if you never saw the nightmare that Turner became then Schweneke doesn't look that good. He was a rookie who we had come in and battled an injury all year, he wasn't set up to thrive. Next year after him and Chance have gotten acclimated I'll be excited, but looking back he had a disappointing year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar