Irsay Tweets "This day of MONSTER TRADE..." (Richardson to Colts)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

xpmar9x isn't devaluing the positions, he's saying its dumb to use a high pick on a position thats plentiful. And I agree.

RB is obviously a vital position to get production from, but that doesn't' mean they're worth 1st round picks. RB is the easiest position to learn on offense, any 4th rounder could come in and learn the plays and contribute early.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

yeah. he's still pretty terrible. I had the misfortune of seeing him live in person quite a few times. he sucks a big 1.

and your son could truck Michael griffin. he's a rag doll.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He is devaluing any position that is not directly involved in the passing game, QB, WR edge pass rusher and LT.

He objected to us drafting a guard with the 10th pick but was all for us drafting a DT. Well who blocks the DTs?

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Most teams seem to be approaching the RB positon with 2-3 more specialized guys rather than trying to draft that one stud guy.

The colts could have done this by signing Danny Woodhead and Shonn Greene.

According to Marhsall Faulk the all around back is becoming a thing of the past because so many college teams are using spread offenses and offenses that don't require a RB to be a power runner and a good receiver both.

He thinks the heavy duty workhorse back is becoming more rare.

5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

sad but true..... we even went this way when we had cj and fatty lendale white. 2 backs are better than one, it gives rest to the home run threat and the bigger back can get the tough yards, more balanced attack!

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Being in the AFC North usually means you've got six games against top run defenses.

If the Browns had any kind of a passing threat, Richardson might have done better. I think he'll be a lot more productive in Indy.

7. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

unfortunately for us I think he is a great fit for Indy. The Browns have no threat no whatsoever and I know they are focused on the future but I do question their philosophy here for trying to get pics in the draft which we all know is a huge gamble. I don't think it works and they stay in the gutter like the Jags for years

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Better than CJ this year. :stirpot:

9. dred

dred Starter

I think the Colts did just that with Trent Richardson, Ahmad Bradshaw and Donald Brown.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I thought they got rid of Donald brown. he is pure garbage.

Richardson is a great pickup for the colts, IMO. My dad is a Colts season ticket holder, he was pretty excited when I told him the news last night.

Insert name here of any free agent running back would be a better running back than DB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar