Irsay Tweets "This day of MONSTER TRADE..." (Richardson to Colts)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Or they could go and get a player who does the best of both worlds (receiving and power running) better than either of those guys, yet gets paid less than those guys. That's Richardson.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

You took it slightly to the extreme. First, centers/guards are worth 1st rd pick, just not at #10 - I can justify mid/late 1st. It just so happened that Warmack & Cooper were amazing prospects. That's just my opinion - hate it, argue it, I don't really care. My view is you can get guard talent late 1st-3rd round and be just as well of as if you took them at ten. Look at Chance, we took him #10 & he's struggled mightly thus far, although he has played very good DLs. Lions got Larry Warford at #65 and he's looked great, they got a steal. However, we all know it's very hard to bank on a steal and I get that, that's why I get the Warmack selection. But you're telling me you wouldn't of preferred Star Lotulelei over Warmack right now?

The same for runningbacks. Browns traded multiple picks to move up ONE spot for Trent Richardson. Same draft Doug Martin went #31 and has been very impressive. If the Browns took Tannehill than Doug Martin instead of Richardson & Weeden, they're team would be much better. Of course, it's easy saying that now. I for one though Richardson was going to be another Adrian Peterson, and even AP didn't go #3.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Colts also activated Da'Rick Rogers from PS.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

My opinion is that this is good for the Titans in the long run. Is a good RB worth next years first round pick to the Colts? Only if that good RB becomes elite. I think the odds are much better that Richardson doesn't become an elite NFL RB. And now the Colts can't spend a 1st rounder next year to boost O-line or improve D.

Not good for this season, but gives the Titans a better chance of catching up and surpassing them in building the better team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

YAAAYYY, somebody is on my side:

6. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Colts just promoted Da'Rick Rogers

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Just so everyone knows- Browns fans aren't even upset about Richardson. They're only upset that the team threw away a starting RB as if to throw the season.

His nickname is "T-B*tch"... for a reason.

He's considered a bust already. And that's accurate.

Any bum off the street can get 3.5 yards per carry... so the Browns lose nothing here.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't agree with trading up to get that pick they used for Richardson. That was too costly but the Colts are giving up a much lower pick for him and they get his services for 14 games before then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar