Is 10-6 Possible?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Nov 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Let's just take a moment to think about how nice it would be to finish 10-6, wild-card team, Superbowl Champions (seems like Wild-Card teams always win!)... take a moment.... ahhh isn't that nice?! :ha:

Now don't think i'm overreacting about the Titans winning one game. I've been saying we could go 10-6 since we got stomped by the Pats. Imagine if we won those first 3 close games, that would of been nice. But back to the present.

Remanding Schedule:
    @ 49ers
    vs Bills
    @ Texans
    vs Cards
    @ Colts
    vs Rams
    vs Dolphins
    vs Chargers
    @ Seahawks

That's not an easy schedule... at all. But we can do it! Our secondary is finally getting it together. Finnegan and Fuller are back. Rod Hood looks sharp, better than Harper! Mouton and McCourty have alot of exp. now especially after starting a few games. The Front 7 has improved, KVB finally got a sack. Bulluck/Tulloch look shar, Hayes/Jones as well. We did give up way to much yards to MJD, he's a good RB but that was horrible by us. Let's get it going D!

As for offense... now I was a supporter of KC, was that a mistake or what?! Vince Young looked amazing out there today, going 15 for 18 not doing any stupid passes, hes matured! If Vince plays this well every week we'll be set. Not to mention we have the best RB in the league [minus AP]. LenDale hasn't got it goin'... yet. And the passing core is looking better, Washington, Britt, Gage, and Scaife are starting to roll now.

Honestly our defense will decide our record. When they make stops and we get ahead (by running) that's when we win. When were down and try to play catchup (by passing) we never catchup.

10-6 were coming for you... :grrhee:

2. STW Chris

STW Chris Starter

The only way we make the playoffs is if every other potential wildcard team collapses. Our AFC record is terrible and I think we'll lose any tiebreaker atm.

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 5
  4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Why does CJ have to be the best minus AP? I agree that AP is arguably the best back in the league, but you could also make the argument that CJ is as well. I mean CJ is currently the NFL's leading rusher (AP hasn't even had a bye yet), and is on pace for nearly 1900 yds.

Not taking anything away from AP, I'm just saying :lol:

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

10 - 6 is possible, we just have to win out.

Will we do it? Probably not but it is possible.

6. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Our defense is gonna have to win like half of does games.Lets just hope they pick up their play because we all know our offense is gonna turn it over a bit.

7. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

yyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.. no

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I would absolutely LOVE for that to happen. But... I'm a realist. Our defense is just way too bad for us to go on a 10+ game streak. Looking at the remaining offenses on our schedule, it's hard to believe our defense won't blow at least one of those games.

9. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

the way we looked tonight we could be a 10-6 team (if our run D gets it together obviously)

but I say we go 8-8...although im gonna of course hope that we can string together 10 straight wins

we did it with Kerry when Vince was pulled, so why not vice versa? :)

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Our run defense actually wasn't all that bad. MJD is just a very slippery midget. Looking at the mean, outside of those two amazing runs, the Jags were quite pedestrian running the ball. Obviously, you can't take them away, and MJD should get all the credit for all his runs, I just wouldn't look down so much on our run defense in general. If it turns out we start giving up eighty yard rushing TD's in most games, then maybe there's a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar