Is 10-6 Possible?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Nov 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

And the VY haters keep hating. Absolutely ridiculous... but expected.

Can't we just give the guy props for helping us get our first win of the season? Or for completing 83% of his passes with no turnovers? Nah, let's just focus on the 125 passing yards. :rolleyes:

I honestly believe he could go out there and throw for 350 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INT with 120 yards rushing and 2 scores and people would STILL find something to complain about.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

6-10 is more likely

3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I honestly believe we got a bunch of new fans 3 years ago that could care less about the Titans without Vince Young on the team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. pettso

pettso Starter

I honestly believe you're retarded.

Nobody said put VY in last year. In fact, he got boo'd by most of us.

5. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I'm still a VY hater and proud if it:lol:!! Until VY can prove that he can be consistent and start completing a good percentage of passes that are more than just a 5 yard dump off pass then I'll continue to be a doubter. The 125 yards just spotlights exactly what I'm talking about. I can almost assure you that VY will never have a game where he connects a high percentage of his passes for 350 yards, 3 TDs and NO INT... I'd eat my shoe if that ever happens :ha:!!

6. pettso

pettso Starter

I'm yawning at your logic. When's the last time KC threw for 300+ yards? Oh, that's right, never with the Titans. :irked:

Here's Kerry's awesome performance against the Jags last year:
    13/23 (56%), 230yds, 1 TD, 1 INT

And here's Kerry's best performance last year:
    30/41 (73.2%), 289yds, 2 TD, 0 INT

His best performance of our 13-3 season doesn't even match your criteria.

Maybe if we had a Randy Moss/Reggie Wayne/Larry Fitz caliber WR you could ask for 300+ yards. You really expect Gage/Washington/Britt to have 100yd+ games on a regular basis? In the Fisherball offense? Come on.

Edit: Another thing I noticed while looking at KC's stats from last year. VY's 114 passer rating is better than anything KC put up as the starter last year. Oops.

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

there is no comparison...

AD > CJ by far..

AD is the best runningback to ever play the game..been saying it since his rookie year..When he retires, he'll have shattered every record in the books..

8. pettso

pettso Starter

He plays way too physical to last that long. His body takes a beating every time he's out there, I really doubt he'll last long enough to shatter any major records.

9. TygerNeo

TygerNeo Camp Fodder

Nutin 4 nutin, but Dinger gave VY a "dumb" down offensive scheme. 5 yard dumpoffs isn't all that impressive. Buf if that turns you on, so b it!

10. iQon

iQon Starter

Yes, but I believe our only chance is winning the division. Indy is 6 or 7-0. :hmm:

One of the wild cards will definitely go to Pitts/Cinci/Baltimore, and what remains to be seen is consistency from Miami and the Jets. We're basically where we were in 2007. Taking things one game at a time, and needing a LOT of help. Since Miami owns the potential tiebreaker over the NYJ, we kinda want them to lose a few games, but stay 2nd in their division over Buffalo/NYJ.

We play them (Miami) at the end of the season, so mathematically we are still alive for a miracle run. Realistically, that will be one of our last games for the season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar