Is anybody else as geeked about the new Superman movie as I am??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Banshee2, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Batman wears a cape.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

WORD!

The other thing about flying is that it makes Superman look really dumb when he has to stop and "hover". And are the arms thrust forward really necessary?

Avvie "I really don't look good in red anyway" Hughes

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I can't believe flying is out of reality, but someone who can shoot spiderwebs from his wrist, or someone who can fight blind, someone who can change into a green monster isn't.

4. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Batman cape was disguised or tried to resemble of batwings rather than a cape

[​IMG]

The thing different about spidey or bruce banner is that, at least, they sort of explain (ok the tipical lame "radiocativity changed me!") why. But with super man... voiala, the guy can fly, but it is not because he is not affected by gravity, no (he will most the time float then), is just that he thrust himself with the power of his will because he is not human.

Also, not being human, makes him... less human?

From all superpowers available, i think a guy flying makes it, i dont know, "weird"...

Maybe it has to do something with me watching also this

->[​IMG]

It was really funny. though.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

That was my old roommate. Trust me, they're real.

Avvie "Next time I'm asking for a criminal background check" Hughes

6. Seriously, what's the problem with flying? What part of superhero don't people get???

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The thing with Superman is that he is pretty much indestructable and has everything, escept one weakness which is krpytonite.

Batman, Spiderman etc are not superman in the sense they can be killed by a bullet, they dont run fast etc and they are vunerable.

8. But like I said before, that's why they give him all the toughest enemies. Who else is facing Darkseid? Or Doomsday? Or Brainiac?

Plus, it usually isn't a matter of his life, it's him saving other people (usually Lois Lane).

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

but they don't have to face Apocolypse. Damn he should be in X-Men. So should have Mr. Sinister.

10. Someday, hopefully...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar