Is anyone else nervous?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2008, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

If Vince Young were to go down, I think we would probably win no more than two games. He made it through last season unscathed (although there were a few notable close calls), but our franchise is one misstep away from that top draft pick. We might be historically bad this year.

Offense=only one qb capable of winning us ballgames, two unproven running backs and a fullback getting touches, no active receivers to speak of, solid to good offensive line, TE's are going to come on pretty strong this year probably.

Defense=underachieving defensive line with a history of injuries, solid linebacking corps with a question at middle, a porous secondary that could be significantly better with the correct coaching decisions.

ST=solid kicking game with questions in the return game, coverage units weren't that great last year.

Without Vince, how many games do you think we would win? I'm assuming Pac won't be back this year--a pretty safe bet at this point.

2. DJB

DJB Starter

if Rattay or KFC started every game this season i think theyd be 5-11

3. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I'm not nervous. I am eternally optimistic about our chances from here on out until the end of the season. I've donbe enough bashing forr one off-season.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Titanium cant break. so im not worried about VY getting injured

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Vince going down would stink, but I'm not convinced that Collins wouldn't be able to be efficient. I mean with what he was thrown into last year - he just didn't have a chance. We began to see improvement week after week, but it was too late then. You can't throw anybody into that situation - much less a QB.

That said, I'm not too concerned about Vince actually going down. He took some unnecessary chances early in the year, but I was really impressed with his ability to find the open seam and either get to the sidelines cleanly or know when to slide. I mean, it took McNair 7 or 8 years to get to that point, and I think Vince has much more elusiveness than Steve did - Steve was just big, fast and powerful... Vince looks like he's got more moves to avoid the hits. He's also much more determined to prove himself as a passer than Steve was early on - his 1st instinct is to look downfield, and that should translate into fewer injuries.

6. DJB

DJB Starter

Does that "MJ" stand for Mt Juliet?

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

As far as QB, very few teams think they win without the starter. The Eagle's went to the playoffs with their backup.

With that said, i'm not feeling good about our upcoming season.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

You can be nervous about anything, can't spend your life that way.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You can spend your whole life buildin'
    Somethin' from nothin'
    One storm can come and blow it all away

Build it anyway

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I say strike the storm where it lives ....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar