Is Cam Newton hated on by the media?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 11, 2015.

?
  1. Scam Newton sucks!

36.4%
  2. Yes Cam Can!

63.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Seriously tho @JCBRAVE you whack it to gararapoporalo

2. SeerChild

SeerChild Practice Squad

Still think this?

3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Missed this topic at the time. But I think Cam got a bad wrap his first few years. There was so much made about his demeanor on the sidelines and all that bs. I thought it was stupid that such a big deal was made over him putting a towel over his head etc..

On the field, I always thought he was decent. But since he's matured and seems to have a better attitude and is playing great, I like the guy as a player. He can put the team on his back and will his way to a win. He doesn't have much of a supporting cast around him so sometimes he just has to play his heart out to win and he does that win or lose. I don't specifically search out Panthers games, but if I catch one on he's fun to watch.

To answer the question, the media did give him a lot of bs but its seemed to settle a lot now.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Yes.

5. JimmyB

JimmyB Guest

You may not like him but during the Panther's current 12 game regular season winning streak he has beaten 5 of the guys on this list a total of 6 times. Brees x2, Wilson, Luck, Rodgers, & Ryan.

6. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

14 td's (11th)
    9 int's (6th most)
    227.5 yards per game (29th)
    53.7 completion percentage (51st)
    81.4 QBR (39th)

He's not top 10 statistically this year

• High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner x 1
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Why ignore what his legs do?

I'm no fan but I easily call Cam a top 10 QB for what he's done so far.

8. Carp

Carp Starter

Scam still isn't that great. He is essentially a more consistent version of Vick. While he doesn't have great weapons, he simply doesn't throw the ball well enough for it to matter. He has yet to have 1 season with a QBR in the top 10 and he's yet to have 1 season with a completion percentage over 60%. He simply isn't accurate enough to warrant a top QB nod from me.

In the last 20 years, only 3 QBs have won a SB with a career completion percentage under 60 %. Eli, Dilfer, and Elway. So that doesn't bode well for him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Carp

Carp Starter

He passes the ball 3 times more often than he runs the ball. And QBs make a living off their arm, not their legs. While his rushing stats shouldn't be ignored, they shouldn't be given much weight either, considering his overall lackluster passing game.

Aaron Rodgers is mobile QB as well, but he isn't elite because of his rushing stats.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not calling Cam elite. I'm calling Cam a top 10 QB for his overall game which includes using his legs.

I've only seen a couple of Panther games this season but he's used those legs to get first downs and TDs.

He's doing stuff like I remember McNair doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar