Is CJ The Best You've Ever Seen

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Sep 16, 2010.

?
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Undecided

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

33 games. Not a huge sample, but definitely a big enough one to see that the kid is legit, and none of his success is fluke-y at all. So, do you think he's the best running back you've ever seen?

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Absolutely.. This kid is a freak. Barry Sanders was outrunning NFL guys 10-15 years ago and those guys aren't nearly as fast as the guys Chris Johnson is out running. In many cases.. CJ is SLOWING DOWN as he enters the endzone and they still can't catch him!

Another thing to note is CJ takes hits very well. He's so fast and elusive... he always seems to know the right angle in which to put his body to get minimal damage (knock on wood).

In his rookie season, he was fast but as soon as he got hit, he was on the ground... You can see how much better he's gotten at taking hits and deflecting defenders.

Remember, all it takes is one miss and he's gone. I think VY and our line compliment him very well. Forgive me for derailing the topic... but Mark Schlereth said today on Colin Cowherd that he thinks the O and D lines of Tennessee are the best in the league. That's a week after he picked the Raiders to go on the road and beat Tennessee. I think it's safe to say he's conVINCEd.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

32 games - CJ was held out prior to the PO loss

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He needs to do more over his career. He's had a good two years, but you can't say a guy is the best ever after two years. If he's playing like this in 2013 then he'll be on his way.

5. Nine

Nine Starter

I prefer not to use the term "best". I mean, there's really no comparison between CJ, Jim Brown, and Barry Sanders.....all spectacular players, but with completely different running styles.

That said....the mere fact that CJ's name is being compared to the greatest runners of time is testament to his ability. I wouldn't say he's the "best", for reasons I already mentioned. But with what he's accomplished in only a couple years, I can honestly say I've never seen anyone better.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Walter Peyton

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think he's probably the most "electrifying" (hate that word but using it anyway) playmaker I've ever seen. I'm not quite ready to say "best ever" though.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Edgerrin James in his first few years looked like he was going to be all-time great, too. Turns out injury and being in a different system affected his career.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Hell no.

Barry Sanders.

But even after that, I wouldn't put CJ any better than Peterson, LT, E. Smith, Bo Jackson, Marshall Faulk, etc. And that's just the guys I've seen.

He won't be in the best ever talks unless he does this for a while... and due to his running style (based mostly on speed alone), I can't see it happening once he loses a step.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Too early to call, IMO.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar