Is CJ the fastest runningback ever?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Ugh, Bo Jackson ran a 4.12 hand timed 40. The conversion to an automatic time is .24 which makes his legendary 40 4.36, still good but not incredible. CJ ran 4.24 automatic at the combine. If we convert his time to a hand time we get 4.00. Who cares if he doesn't run 4.24 anymore, he's no slower than like 4.32 which is still way more than enough to run by anyone on the field and faster than most "fast" guys run coming out of college. The one thing you can't take away from CJ is his speed, it's like the losers in high school talking about "the popular girl isn't that pretty".

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

He is irrelevant in football, but Jeff Demps.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Michael Bennett was silly fast. He ran a 4.29 or something at the combine with an injury, then did the 4.13 at his pro day.

He also ran a 10.00 in the 100 meter. I think it was reasonable to say he was faster than CJ.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

That's because he is like 37 years old and has taken a beating as a running back. He ran his time in the mid-90's, when he was thinner, fresher, and a track star.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Like I said in my first post, if you're only concerned with official 40 times then CJ is the clear winner. And if that's your criteria I'm not even sure why you posed the question to begin with.

Someone posted the Bo Jackson time and of course it was immediately disqualified for being "hand-timed". Someone mentioned Michael Bennett running a 4.29 (actually 4.28) on an injured hamstring... crickets. "It's still no 4.24" I guess. So again, if official combine times are the only thing that matters to you then this seems like a rather pointless thread. CJ has the fastest combine time ever so therefore he's the fastest player, if that's your criteria.

Really, there's no way to know for sure and I think we all know that. So of course the CJ fan club is going to insist he is the fastest RB/player to ever play the game. Honestly, I couldn't care less whether he's the fastest RB ever or the 3rd fastest or whatever. He's still really damn fast and I'm glad we drafted him (even though I've clearly had my issues with him the past couple years).

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Ok, let's take your examples.

Bo Jackson

After watching about 30 seconds of the video you'll see he's no where near as fast as CJ.

Michael Bennet

He doesn't have any game tape where you can compare his speed to the players around him.

He has a blazing fast 100M dash time but running in pads is different and he never excelled on the football field.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I look at it this way, I've never seen a RB break away (once he has a slight lead), be able to accelerate, and have no chance of being caught from behind the way CJ does.

Average Yards Per Carry has little to do with someone's speed. These recorded 40s times are without pads right? I think when it comes to football speed in a play, he's the fastest.

Doesn't mean much to me though. I mean it's great and all, and he's a weapon, but he has weaknesses as well. Just hope this new O-line makes those long runs more possible, then the weaknesses won't matter as much if he (and the team) are able to put more points on the board with more breakaway runs.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I think he might be the fastest running back to use his speed like he did/does. Not many have burnt defenses like him. That's pretty apparent.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Jamaal Charles looks just as fast as CJ in games.

And so does Percy Harvin, if he counts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar